Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » partner's late period

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: partner's late period
temple
Neophyte
Member # 35751

Icon 1 posted      Profile for temple     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my situation is a bit technical and fustrating. my girlfriend and i attempted to have sex towards the end of october...either the second to last week or the last week of. def 2+ weeks ago. the only thing is that i never penetrated her because we are virgins and i am having problems "fitting" in there. so i figure id just stimulate her using my penis...just rubbing her w.o a condom, but never penetrating her (nothing that would constitute as intercourse).
i never ejeaculated in any of this. also i noticed that pre cum appeard at the tip, and with that i stopped stimulating her. as far as im concerned there was no sperm involved.

yet her period is a few days late. from sept to oct, she had her preriod within 22 days or so. its now day 31 and no period. also absolutely no signs of pregnancy. is the late period sumthing we should be worried about or just bad coincedence?

Posts: 7 | From: Philadelphia | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
According to What's the Risk? Easy Pregnancy Risk Assessments you have a moderate risk of pregnancy.
quote:
If you have engaged in dry sex -- no vaginal entry, but genital contact -- but were unclothed, WITH direct genital contact, then you have a MODERATE risk of pregnancy. If it has been less than 120 hours since your risk, you may obtain emergency contraception. If it has been greater than 10 days since your risk, see your health care provider as soon as possible for a pregnancy test and an STI screening.
It's too late to take emergency contraception but a pregnancy test should give you an accurate result. In the future you'll want to use a condom for this type of activity. Check out these articles:
Condom Basics: A User's Manual
Safe, Sound & Sexy: A Safer Sex How-To
STI Risk Assessment: The Cliff's Notes

--------------------
I would have girls regard themselves not as adjectives but as nouns. --Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
temple
Neophyte
Member # 35751

Icon 1 posted      Profile for temple     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what if i didnt get any precum on her...?
Posts: 7 | From: Philadelphia | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if your risk was more than 10 days ago, you can now go ahead and take a pregnancy test. Knowing for sure is much better than guessing.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.