Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » still no period...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: still no period...
worried247
Neophyte
Member # 35712

Icon 1 posted      Profile for worried247     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi again.
i told my situation elsewhere in the forum before i knew how to start a new thread, but anyways...
...so, my b/f and i had sex oct. 26. i took a first response pregnancy test on nov. 6 and it turned out negative. My last period began september 28. Three days before i took the test, (sunday-mon/tue) i had some light, bright red spotting and some tissue-y stuff coming out...
...but it stopped completely by tuesday and i haven't had anything else since.
it's been almost two weeks since we had sex, and i am VERY concerned about my period not showing.
i have been having yellowy, white, sometimes clear discharge, and itching a little. no soreness of breasts, but i have been having mood swings and bloatedness, very gassy (sorry...) and no constipation.

so...what do you think?

Posts: 5 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ARe you sure the red spotting and tissue-y stuff wasn't your period? It sounds like it could have been.

You could test again, or you could see a doctor for a blood test and also to check out why your period isn't showing up. The other symptoms you describe really could be symptoms of anything -- at this early in a pregnancy, a positive test is really going to be the only sign.

Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
worried247
Neophyte
Member # 35712

Icon 1 posted      Profile for worried247     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm pretty regular with my periods, though, and that only lasted for 2 days. Can a period do that?
Thanks! [Smile]

Posts: 5 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They can indeed. I'm pretty regular too but every once in awhile I have one that's completely outside my norm. Sounds like that might be what's going on with you. I wouldn't worry unless you have a few wonky periods in a row.

One question though, when you had sex did you use any form of protection other than pulling out -- like a condom or the pill? (By the way, withdrawal is NOT a reliable way to prevent pregnancy. If that's all you're using just say so and we'll discuss some options with you.) If you did and you have no reason to think it failed, it's safe to say you're not pregnant. If you didn't use any form of contraception, I'd take another pregnancy test just to be safe.

--------------------
I would have girls regard themselves not as adjectives but as nouns. --Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
worried247
Neophyte
Member # 35712

Okay, so I'm glad that I'm not the only one that this happens to [Smile] Thanks

That is actually the only form of b.c. that was used -- we weren't planning on having sex, so there were no condoms and I have a blood condition that prevents me from being on the pill. It was extremely stupid of us to do that . . . and I am very very regretful. He pulled out, and when he did he saw some stuff come out and onto the bed. He swears that was the only time ejaculate came out, I just hope he's right. When he went back to his apt, he told me that he "jacked off" and there was a lot of cum that came out, so maybe he didn't cum inside me. :/

I am planning on taking another test either tomorrow or Tuesday morning. It's been over two weeks since it happened, and I am way past due for my period unless what happened last week was it.

Thanks agan! [Smile]

worried247
Neophyte
Member # 35712

So, I just took a first response pregnancy test and it was negative. It's been 17 days (today) since it happened, so there should def. be enough of the hormone for it to be accurate, right? I waited about 10-15 min. to make sure before throwing it away that another lined hadn't shown up.

Thank you guys soo much for everything! And hopefully "Auntie Flow" will stop by before Thanksgiving, lol... or at least Christmas!

-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, at this point home pregnancy tests should be giving accurate results. As far as your period goes, check out this article: Honorably Discharged: A Guide to Vaginal Secretions.

--------------------
I would have girls regard themselves not as adjectives but as nouns. --Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.