Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » risk of pregnancy?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: risk of pregnancy?
shaving1
Neophyte
Member # 32698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shaving1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys, I have a question. My girlfriend usually has her periods starting on the first of the month, she doesn't really keep track of them, but it seems to usually happen at the beginning of the month. Her last period was from October 1st to October 6th or 7th. We have never had sex, but we sometimes mess around, i.e. fingering, oral, handjob etc. I cannot think of a single time that there was any danger involved, except for maybe once that where I came a little drop on the sheet,and she was getting off the bed, but it's pretty much impossible that she touched her vagina to it. We took a shower afterwards.
She got a yeast infection around October 15th because she had to take antibiotics for an inner ear infection which gave her the yeast infection. She then took various medicine for that, including even a prescription medicine for the infection. It went away after about 6 or 7 days.
Now it's November 9th, she is pretty much 9 days late with her period. She took a pregnancy test on the 6th correctly, in the morning, waited the specific time etc. It came out negative. Her nipples are sore and her face has broken out, it's usually very clean, but breaks out before her periods. Tonight, she was feeling a little bit nauseous, but I do not think that's related. My question is, do you think there's a chance of pregnancy looking at all of this? Sorry this is so long!

Thanks!

Posts: 17 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shaving1
Neophyte
Member # 32698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shaving1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oh, one more thing, she was extremely stressed out on november 1st, we had a little misunderstanding of things, but she cried for about an hour. I calmed her down after that. she was also pretty stressed that week with other things.
Posts: 17 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For her to have a pregnancy risk, there has to have been some ejaculate near her vulva or vagina. It doesn't sound like there was.

Breakouts, nausea, sore nipples -- all of those can be reactions to stress or signs of an impending period.

It really doesn't sound like she has a risk here, and she's already tested negative. The best thing to do would be to help her relax and I'm betting her period will show up soon.

Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shaving1
Neophyte
Member # 32698

okay, I so she has waited long enough before she took the test? We didn't really do much in the end of the month since she had a yeast infection, so I guess enough time has passed for her to take the test, not really sure though. Is there a chance that she can just completely skip her period until her next cycle? she has had the breaking out/sore nipples/mood swings for about 4 days now.
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If it's been more than two weeks since your risk you can expect accurate results from a pregnancy test. (They can be accurate as soon as ten days -- check the directions.) Do keep in mind that if your girlfriend hasn't been charting her periods they're going to be hard to predict. Having them start at "the beginning of the month" just doesn't give you much information. It's possible this is a normal variation for her but being scared is throwing it out of proportion.

--------------------
I would have girls regard themselves not as adjectives but as nouns. --Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.