Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Hi, can you help?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hi, can you help?
bleueyyes
Neophyte
Member # 35684

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bleueyyes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I guess I'm a little new at this, but I was really gald to find your site, because I have an important matter I hope you can help me with. I have been taking Ortho-TriCyclen Lo for the past eh, 3 years or so, and just this past weekend, my boyfriend and I had sex without using a condom. He didn't come inside of me, but pulled out right before, and ending up coming on my stomach. Now, I haven't missed/skipped any pills in this cycle, and I was about 9-10 days in when this occured, (and obviously know that the semen couldn't crawl in through my navel or anything...) but I'm still a little concerned about my pregnancy risk in this situation. Do you think I should take a pregnancy test? When would one even be accurate? (Or would it even be accurate considering I'm on birth control?) Thank you so much for your advice, it will be quite appreciated!
Posts: 4 | From: New England | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since you've been on the pill for so long, and haven't missed any, you were totally protected and had no pregnancy risk. There's really no need to take a pregnancy test unless you want to for your own peace of mind- they're accurate within 10-14 days of the incident. [Smile]

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bleueyyes
Neophyte
Member # 35684

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bleueyyes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so I took a test on thursday, (13) days after my "incident" and it came back negative. This is an accurate response? According to leabug it would be, but the brand I chose (ept) said that they were only around 80% accurate 4 days before your expected period, and I'm due for mine Monday. Any thoughts? Thanks again!

--------------------
namaste

Posts: 4 | From: New England | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Again, since you have been on bc for so long and you say you haven't had any late or missed pills, there is no reason to suspect pregnancy to begin with. The pill is incredibly safe and it sounds like you've been a perfect user.

And if it has been 13 days since the risk, then you can assume that the test was accurate.

--------------------
-joey
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9010 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.