Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » birth control but not long enough

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: birth control but not long enough
paperclip
Neophyte
Member # 35683

Icon 13 posted      Profile for paperclip     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey, i was taking alesse for about 6 days when i had complete, unprotected sex. now i have been on the pill for 9 days, and im wondering how much of a risk i have, im a bit nervous! please hurry!
Posts: 20 | From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paperclip
Neophyte
Member # 35683

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paperclip     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i just really need someone to talk to about this right now and none of my friends are here for me, i talked to my boyfriend and he offered to get me plan b, but im not too sure if you can take it while your on birth control, i just dont know what to do...hes really supportive but i guess its up to me most of the time to make the decision to do it or not.

oh and also to clear things up, we are both sti clean.

Posts: 20 | From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We recommend using back-up for the entire first month on the pill. Different pill brands recommend different things, but most do say to wait at least a week before relying on it.

So, at 6 days, there's a very good change your body had not adjusted to the new hormones yet and you were not fully protected.

It is possible to take EC while you are on the pill, just know that taking that many hormones all at once can cause some side-effects.

Also, EC is only effective for up to 120 hours after the risk, so if you want to take it, you need to get it asap.

--------------------
-joey
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9010 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.