Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » unsure/confused.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: unsure/confused.
strangerdanger
Neophyte
Member # 35602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangerdanger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, i'm new but i joined this website, looking for answers, and i've recieved some answers to some of my own questions, which has been very helpful.
But i have a question of my own,
that i'm not sure really at all about.
about three weeks ago, for the first time, i had sex with my boyfriend, we were both virgins, and un experienced in pretty much everyway, but we made sure we had protection at least. my period was due four days ago, and i haven't recieved it yet, and i've had my period for 7 years now, and it's never been off or anything,
so im wondering if this could possibly be a pregnancy scare, or what it could be, i'm quite nervous, and i've talked to him about it and everything, but hes telling me its probably just nothing, but i'm not convinced. so if theres anything anyone can help me with, it would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 2 | From: Vancouver | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What type of protection did you use? If you used a condom, and you used it for all genital contact and it did not slip or tear, then you did not have a pregnancy risk.

If you think you may have had a risk, you can take a pregnancy test about 10-14 days after the risk.

But really, periods are sometimes late for no reason, especially when we're still in our teen, so more likely it's nothing to worry about.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangerdanger
Neophyte
Member # 35602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangerdanger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We were using condoms,
but we did notice, when we were finished that the condom was looser then it was when we had started,
i'm not sure if that is normal or what, consirding this was my first time,
i'm just very paranoid and nervous.
i'm not really sure what to think at this point.

Posts: 2 | From: Vancouver | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's normal for the condom to be looser than when you started. When the penis is erect, the condom should be snug. This holds it in place. After ejaculation, the penis becomes flacid and the the condom looser.

Provided your partner withdraws right after ejaculation, has left a space at the tip of the condom (to hold the ejaculate) and holds the base of the condom while he withdraws, there is no reason to suspect condom failure/user error.

Check it out;

Condom Basics: A User's Manual
M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?
What's the Risk? Easy Pregnancy Risk Assessments

--------------------
Nursing is a work of heart!
~ unknown

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.