Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » PLEASE HELP!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: PLEASE HELP!!
sheabuttah
Neophyte
Member # 35588

Icon 4 posted      Profile for sheabuttah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend and I had sex on the last day of my period, (meaning it ended the day we had sex)While having sex the condom broke. We both was so freighten! He is very concern of me being pregnant and so am I. He told me that he oly came once before the condom broke. I AM STILL SCARED!!!

[ 10-27-2007, 04:03 PM: Message edited by: sheabuttah ]

Posts: 7 | From: Maryland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When did this happen, seha? Was this within the last 120 hours?

If it was, then the best thing to do if you do not want to become pregnant is to go and get emergency contraception.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sheabuttah
Neophyte
Member # 35588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sheabuttah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It happened lastnight around 10pm.
Posts: 7 | From: Maryland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sheabuttah
Neophyte
Member # 35588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sheabuttah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can I do a pregnancy test? Will it make a difference?!
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It takes a handful of days to become pregnant, which is why EC can work within 120 hours. Not on ly is it way too early for a pregnancy test, it's too early to become pregnant, and if you want to PREVENT pregnancy, you are in the perfect spot to get and use EC.

So, since this only happened last night, and you clearly do not WANT to become pregnant, I'd advise you go and get emergency contraception now.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sheabuttah
Neophyte
Member # 35588

HOW MUCH MORE TIME OR DAYS DO I HAVE SO THAT I CAN TAKE IT?
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You have up to 120 hours, or exactly 5 days, after your pregnancy risk. For maximum effectiveness, the EC should be taken within 72 hours. Taking it as soon as possible is best.
Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sheabuttah
Neophyte
Member # 35588

I AM GETTING THE EC IN THE MORNING. IS THAT ENOUGH TIME?! CAZ THIS HAPPENED ON FRIDAY NIGHT. I DIDN'T FULLY UNDERSTAND YOUR LAST MESSAGE TO ME. CAN U B A BIT MORE CLEAR? THANX
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tomorrow morning is okay. Lauren just means that you have up to 5 days after unprotected sex to go get EC, but it works the best if you take it within 3 days of unprotected sex. So, if you had unprotected sex on Friday, it will work the best until Monday night, and the last day you could get it would be Wednesday night. Does that help?

(Please, also, try not to use capslock when you type- it comes across as shouting online!)

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sheabuttah
Neophyte
Member # 35588

Thank you for the tip on the caps. I can't get no EC over the counter over here in MD where I am at? Do you have anymore solutions? I am real afraid to tell my mom! [Frown] PLZ HELP!!
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can get it with a prescription from somewhere like Planned Parenthood. Click the link to find one in your area.

--------------------
I would have girls regard themselves not as adjectives but as nouns. --Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sheabuttah
Neophyte
Member # 35588

can ortho option contraceptrol be used as a EC? plz help! i have until wednesday to take a EC, so i don't get pregnant. plz help! [Frown]
Heather
Member # 3

No, it cannot. Spermicides can only work (and by themselves, not all that well) if used before a risk, not afterwards.

So, again, just contact Planned Parenthood, your usual GYN, your regular doctor, or even an emergency room for a prescription, but you really want to hop on that ASAP, as the longer you wait, the less likely it is to be effective -- you really don't want to be waiting until the tail end of that window.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.