Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » worried....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: worried....
sodah2orhubarb
Neophyte
Member # 34543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sodah2orhubarb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
im at the end of my 3rd or 4th month of birth control pills...ive been taking yaz. maybe a week after my last period ended my boyfriend and i had sex with no condom. it lasted a minute or two and he never came. i was uncomfortable with it and told him to stop. he masturbated a bit after and came on his own...im now on my third white pill, and i still havent gotten my period. i read the chart about my risk, and it says it would be low...but the time that my boyfriend and i did this i wasnt taking my pills at the right time everyday. it was off by a couple of hours everyday that week...since then i have set an alarm on my phone and have been taking them on time...i plan on taking a pregnancy test later today when he gets home, but i was just wondering what anyone thinks..how bad is my risk since my pills were off?
Posts: 9 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your risk is minimal. Being off by a couple of hours regularly in taking your pill isn't the best habit to get into, but it won't make a huge difference in its efficacy. Taking a pregnancy test is well worth the peace of mind, but really, your chances of being pregnant here are very low.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sodah2orhubarb
Neophyte
Member # 34543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sodah2orhubarb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i just took the pregnancy test and it came out negative...would the amount of urine i had effect the results? also, would there be another reason why my period is late and im on the pill?
Posts: 9 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The way I'm reading your post, it sounds like your risk happened a little over two weeks ago. If that's the case, then you can trust the test results. Pregnancy tests are accurate as soon as 10-14 days after a risk, and as long as you followed the directions properly, there's no reason to think your result may be wrong.

Right now, too, since you're only a few days into the placebo week, your period is likely not late. In general, it takes a few days for the hormone levels in your body to drop enough to trigger your withdrawal bleed. If you've not gotten your period by the time you're due to start your next pack of pills, you may want to test again, but at the moment you really don't need to worry.

(Just an FYI as well: unprotected sex presents a risk of STIs, not just pregnancy so you and your boyfriend will want to get full screenings in the next month or so if you're not up to date with those already.)

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.