Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » bumps on vaginal wall

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: bumps on vaginal wall
pinkveins
Activist
Member # 33993

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pinkveins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my bf was fingering me today and he said he felt two weird pimple-sized bumps inside my vagina. i told him it was probably just normal stuff inside the vagina but he said he's never felt that before in the 6 months hes been fingering me. i just got done with my period could that have any effect on it? im not having any abnormal bleeding, itching, or discomfort and havent noticed any difference in how it feels or anything. could this be something serious i need to get checked out? id put my fingers up there to check myself but i hate doing that to myself its so weird and uncomfortable feeling but when my bf does it it's fine.

--------------------
you promised me heaven but put me through hell...
</3

Posts: 72 | From: illinois | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First things first: when was the last time that you had a full pelvic exam?

And when were you and your boyfriend's last STI screenings?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pinkveins
Activist
Member # 33993

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pinkveins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the last time i had a full exam was around late april or early may i think, and ive never had an sti screening but i have only had sex with him and him only and he has only had sex with i think 3 other people all of which were virgins.
so i dont think it is an sti idk what it could be really

[ 09-19-2007, 09:13 PM: Message edited by: pinkveins ]

--------------------
</3

Posts: 72 | From: illinois | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What the status of his pervious sexual partners was has little to no bearing on whether or not he has or has ever contracted an STI. With him having had three previous sexual partners before and NO STI testing, the unprotected sex (as in, without latex barriers) you've been having has posed big STI risks, especially if the sex he had with those previous partners was also without condoms.

So, time to get in there -- BOTH of you, not just him -- and get those STI screenings. Since he's feeling bumps now, I'd get in as soon as you can. In the case that those bumps are something like herpes sores of HOV warts, you want your doctor to be able to see them while they're active.

So, given you have had high risks, I'd start with those screenings. It may well be that he's feeling normal texture, but a) he's saying it doesn't feel like it has before to him and b) you've taken risks.

Lastly, for furture reference, please understand that it;s really unwise to go without safer sex practices with new partners. With ANY new partner -- especially considering that people often don't tell the truth about their previous sexual experiences, and many "virgins" have had various kinds of sex -- in order to protect yourself as best you can if you're going to be sexually active, you should be using latex barriers for oral, vaginal and/or anal sex for at least six months, with six months of monogamy, and at least TWO full and negative STI screenings by the end of that six months for both partners before going without barriers, okay?

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Also? I just wanted to add something else.

I really hope that eventually you can be just as comfortable touching yourself as you are with someone else touching you.

I don't tell you that because it makes any difference with your physical health, but just because it really can be a pretty big bummer when it comes to body-image and your own sexuality to be squicked out by your own body.

It's not weird to touch yourself: no weirder than someone else touching it (and maybe less!), so I just wanted to shout out a little pep talk for you in the hopes that you might invest some energy over time in getting more okay with your genitals, so that you don't have to carry extra baggage around when it comes to body negativity.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

pinkveins
Activist
Member # 33993

we made plans to go to the clinic tomorrow to get tested and i guess get myself checked out but i think it costs lots of money so idk for sure what im gonna do because i dont want it on my insurance bill so my parents know.
anyways i dont think its weird touching myself because its awkward or anything im comfortable with my body it just seems to hurt more/feel more uncomfortable when i do it to myself and it just feels gross inside of there. its not that big of a deal tho.
i severly doubt me or my bf has an sti but i guess you never know until you check..

--------------------
</3

Heather
Member # 3

Well, STI testing at least once a year is an expense you simply have to figure into being sexually active. For everyone's health, it's not really something that should be considered optional.

It also should not cost a lot of money. Most sexual healthcare clinics use sliding fee scales, based on your income, so if you are low-income, or do not have income of your own, the cost is usually very reasonable.

Good on you for getting started with this care. Here's hoping that it becomes a yearly habit for both of you.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

pinkveins
Activist
Member # 33993

my boyfriend fingered me today thoroughly mostly just to see if those bumps were still there and he said he didnt feel anything at all like he felt yesterday. he searched abt three times. we ended up not going to the clinic because we didnt want to jump the gun on something that may be nothing. we then had intercourse and it was painful. it might have been that i was just not in the mood though but i didnt think it would hurt or anything and i wasnt like refusing to do it i just wasnt super in the mood and not very wet. i was tense dry and nervous when he was fingering me to see if the bumps were there and i was still this way when we started to have sex. we also had about zero foreplay. but it wasnt that i was just dry, it felt painful like deep inside of me when he went deep. it might have been the position we were in, he was on top and my legs were up in the air and he was going into me like straight down really deep, but then we did some of doggy style and it still hurt slightly. afterwards when i sat a certain way i felt a dull pain like the pain i experienced during sex and when i flex the muscles down there hard and fast i feel some pain. im kind of concerned..what should i do? im thinking if i have sex tomorrow completely in the mood and turned on and everything and it still hurts ill tell my mom i need to go to the doctor just because im having weird pains but i cant mention that its from sex she doesnt know and will never know. anyways should i be like really concerned? i just finished my period abt 2 days ago, dunno if that has anything to do with it? also we had intercourse like 2 days before i was actually off my period cuz we coudlnt wait anymore but then stopped cuz we realized i was still bleeding sort of a lot. maybe something got disrupted inside of me then? i dont know but i really hope its nothing serious to be worried about...

[ 09-20-2007, 08:19 PM: Message edited by: pinkveins ]

--------------------
</3

-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Intercourse is going to be uncomfortable at best, painful or impossible at worst when you're not fully prepared. Zero foreplay or lubrication sounds like the issue here.

However, you still need to get in, because have been at risk of an STI and have presented symptoms. The painful intercourse is likely to continue in this case.

It's not possible to harm yourself with intercourse during menstruation; some women's cervix can be lower, but bumping it is typically not something that goes unnoticed.

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pinkveins
Activist
Member # 33993

in addition i got comfortable enough to put my fingers up there myself and felt around...i felt nothing abnormal at all, no bumps or anything like that. idk if my bf really felt that at all maybe it was just something that felt off but was really nothing. i dont feel anything abnormal and it doesnt hurt or anything when i penetrate myself.

--------------------
</3

-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad you're getting more comfortable with your body. However, that doesn't negate your need for regular sexual health care such as a pelvic exam and STI testing. Looking after your health is something that needs to be done, even if you have no reason to think anything is wrong. It's also something your partner needs to be doing as well -- by no means is it jumping the gun.

--------------------
I would have girls regard themselves not as adjectives but as nouns. --Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.