Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » the age old concern!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: the age old concern!
Shimmer
Activist
Member # 29464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shimmer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know you get asked this a lot - but I'm wondering if I have a pregnancy risk:

I was with a guy friday night - he was not wearing protection, as we were just fooling around (please don't get into STD's, I know we were stupid and I'll never do it again) I had my back to him, and while he was fingering/fisting me he somehow managed to get his penis inserted and continue to stimulate my clitoris before I realized what had happened. I honestly do not know how long he had it in for, I would say a few minutes at the most. When I realized what happened I made him pull out, I couldn't believe he had done that. I told this to another friend and he said if the guy had any precum on him he could've gotten me pregnant - but I didn't think the few minutes he was in me was enough to make him precum.
(I am not on birth control either)
Am I at risk? Is there anything I can do if I am?
Thanks.

Posts: 68 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You still have time to get emergency contraception, but you need to do it today. I'd advise you to do so, since I do think you have a pregnancy risk from this. (It's not as big of a risk as if he'd ejaculated, but better safe than sorry.) EC is usually still effective 100 to 120 hours after an incident.

You can find out more about EC here: Emergency Contraception. Or, since you're in the states, you can call 1-800-NOT-2-LATE, or visit http://ec.princeton.edu/providers/index.html, where you can search for a provider near you.

Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shimmer
Activist
Member # 29464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shimmer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks... I'm kind of stranded at home at the moment though so I don't know if I'll be able to get any... It happened around 9 Friday night. so I guess it's been close to 70 hours now. I really am deathly afraid, and never ever would've allowed it to happen if he'd asked to do it.
Posts: 68 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shimmer
Activist
Member # 29464

I checked the local planned parenthood, they are closed for the holiday. [Frown]
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Call your local hospital for advise, or go to the ER. They may be able to help you get what you need. EC has lessened effectiveness up to 120 hours after a risk, but it's really best to take it as soon as possible.

(And I promise this isn't a lecture, but STI's are truly a greater one-time-risk concern than pregnancy; pregnancy can happen only during fertile parts of the month, but STI pathogens can thrive constantly. To safeguard your reproductive health, please consider getting screened through PP.)

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Apologies; I didn't realize you were over 18. [Smile]

You can purchase the Plan B emergency contraceptive over-the-counter yourself without a prescription. It costs about 45-60 dollars. This is an option for you if you can't obtain it through other means.

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shimmer
Activist
Member # 29464

thank you [Smile] i'm getting some EC at the local Walgreens...paying a mint for it...but peace of mind is worth it.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.