Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » quick question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: quick question
sodah2orhubarb
Neophyte
Member # 34543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sodah2orhubarb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ive been on the yaz birth control for almost two months...the past couple times my boyfriend and i have had sex he has gone in me without a condom...he only stays there for 30 seconds at the most and then he takes it out and we use a condom...i take my pill at about the same time everyday for the most part, and ive never missed one...ive taken it like 3 or 4 hours late before, thats it...should i be worrying about getting pregnant?
Posts: 9 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since you've been taking your pill consistently, there isn't a pregnancy risk here. Though, have you and your boyfriend both been tested for STIs at least twice, sixth months between tests? If not, there IS a risk for STIs. Anytime there's unprotected contact there's that risk.

--------------------
Caylin, Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Scarleteen? Donations keep us around for you. So give a little! (Or a lot. Whatever works for you.)

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.