Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » problem with tri sprintec PLEASE HELP!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: problem with tri sprintec PLEASE HELP!!
cubanita4552
Neophyte
Member # 32014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cubanita4552     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
now that i think of it, i missed 2 days of my pills. and it usually says to take the other two pills, but i didnt, i just skipped them and went on...Am i totally screwed now?????????????
Posts: 34 | From: NY | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Missing two doses completely compromises the effectiveness of the pill, so you'll want to use a second method of birth control for the remainder of this cycle. You may also have some breakthrough bleeding, or wonkiness with your withdrawal bleed. (Then again, you may not - missing pills has a different effect on everyone.)

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cubanita4552
Neophyte
Member # 32014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cubanita4552     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So all i have to do is just finish this packet and start a new one, and when i start the new one i can stop using condoms???

so im alright right?

Posts: 34 | From: NY | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cubanita4552
Neophyte
Member # 32014

So all i have to do is just finish this packet and start a new one, and when i start the new one i can stop using condoms???

so im alright right?

KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At this point, you should probably go ahead and finish the pack and then start your next one. How long ago did you actually miss the pills? Once you start your next pack, you should be able to rely on your birth control to protect you.

(For future reference, each of your packets of pills should come with a patient information insert. Those inserts generally contain the information about what to do when you miss pills.)

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cubanita4552
Neophyte
Member # 32014

it was about a week ago..i missed sunday and monday of last week....ill wait for a few weeks if i have to do have a different method of birth control....

i know about the information packets as well, except this months didnt come with one, even though every other month's packet does come with one.....

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.