Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » curses!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: curses!
forget me not
Neophyte
Member # 33601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for forget me not     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i was supposed to have started my birth control on monday the 20th but due to a yeast infection i put it off until about 2pm saturday when the fluconazole had cleared it up. well saturday night my boyfriend and i had sex and we used a condom but the condom slipped off! the condom did not come off inside of me, it came off and fell onto the bed, but we didnt realize it had come off until afterwards. he had already came BEFORE the condom came off, which was obvious because there was semen in the tip of the condom and there was a decent sized wet area on the bed where the condom was.

im wondering if its possible that there would be enough semen on his penis to get me pregnant in this situation. Plan B is about $50 here and i dont want to get it if i dont have to.

--------------------
"Fortes fortuna adiuvat" (Fortune favors the brave) - Latin proverb

Posts: 28 | From: Alabama | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any unprotected sex does present a pregnancy risk, so if you don't wish to become pregnant, you need to get yourself some EC.

And unfortunately, yes, EC can be pretty expensive- have you considered perhaps going to a Planned Parenthood and seeing if you can get a lower price since they generally operate on a sliding scale- you pay what you can afford?

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
forget me not
Neophyte
Member # 33601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for forget me not     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the nearest planned parenthood is 1hr away and without taking off work there is no way i can get there when they are open. and i cant afford to take off work!

is there really a serious possibility that i could get pregnant though? like what are the chances?

Edit: started my last period on 8/13.

Edit: called planned parenthood and they charge $60 for Plan B [Frown]

[ 08-27-2007, 09:09 AM: Message edited by: miss tea ]

--------------------

Posts: 28 | From: Alabama | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would say your risk is worth getting Plan B for, if that's what you mean.

How old are you? If you are over 18, you can get Plan B over the counter. It looks like your partner (or someone else ...?) over 18 can get the Plan B for you as well. I'm not sure how that works so you may want to call the pharmacy before you head out.

Plan B is expensive, especially when you haven't planned for it. Have you asked your partner to pay for some of it?

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
forget me not
Neophyte
Member # 33601

yes, that was what i meant. thank you for putting the words together for me [Smile]

we will be splitting the cost of it, thank goodness! i am over 18 and so is my partner, but i will be going to get the Plan B after work myself since he's working today.

thank you both for your advice!! i suppose it's always better to be safe than sorry (and pregnant when you cant handle it.)

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.