Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » ok so maybe i'm stupid but i'm worried

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ok so maybe i'm stupid but i'm worried
slowlyturningintoyou
Neophyte
Member # 35074

Icon 4 posted      Profile for slowlyturningintoyou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
about 18 hours ago i was messing around with my girlfriend... we were both wearing underwear but that's it... without thinking about it, i noticed there was what seemed to be pre-cum inside my underwear, and i used my hand to adjust my penis inside the underwear. around the same time, i was feeling her up in various places, and for about 10 to 15 minutes, i placed my finger around her vagina and sorta in it... the penetration with my finger was probably about 1 inch.

if it helps, the last ejaculation i had was about 4 days ago. also, she is a virgin; we have never had sex and only my finger entered her, but still, i may have touched my penis and/or underwear earlier that had some pre-cum on it.

it may seem stupid, but i just got worried about the thought of pre-cum containing sperm and there could be a longshot of her getting pregnant. like i said, we are virgins here and we definitely know nothing. i mean nothing.

from the situation i described, is there ANY chance whatsoever she could get pregnant?

Posts: 5 | From: indiana | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really, there's not a chance of pregnancy from what you've described.

And you knew enough to seek out information about a risk, so good for you! I hope you'll give some of the articles at the main site a read to help increase your knowledge and that you'll stick around and keep asking good questions. [Smile]

Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
slowlyturningintoyou
Neophyte
Member # 35074

Icon 1 posted      Profile for slowlyturningintoyou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for the fast reply. i appreciate it.

basically i am paranoid because my fingers probably touched some pre-ejaculate that was in my underwear, and a few minutes later, the same fingers were circling around and inside her vagina.

hearing that there's "not a chance of pregnancy" is good. but would it be smart to get EC anyway??? or are we talking like a one-in-500-billion chance and we'd simply be wasting our money?

[ 08-26-2007, 11:19 PM: Message edited by: slowlyturningintoyou ]

Posts: 5 | From: indiana | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You honestly don't need EC- it would pretty much be a waste, and EC isn't always easy on a woman's body. It's basically a huge dosage of hormones, which can lead to side effects such as nausea and a temporarily irregular cycle, so really, if she doesn't need it, then it's best not to take it.

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
slowlyturningintoyou
Neophyte
Member # 35074

Icon 1 posted      Profile for slowlyturningintoyou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for that info and thank you so much for giving me some peace of mind. either way, i'm definitely washing my hands next time...
slowlyturningintoyou
Neophyte
Member # 35074

oh there's one more thing hopefully someone can answer...

what do you think i should do now? should i just drop it, or ask my girlfriend to keep me notified about her period so we know it's still regular, or get an HPT in 2 weeks just to put our minds at ease completely... or just stop being so damn paranoid? it's not like we can help it though. obviously, it's the first time we did anything even like that. it was one of those "holy ****, how'd that happen?" moments.

(i realize this follow-up question isn't entirely urgent, but i feel like i can trust your answers... this site has been a major help and i'm very glad i discovered it. every other place i found was like your typical internet anarchy. it's great to have an informed opinion from someone who actually knows what they're talking about and cares about being accurate and helpful.)

[ 08-27-2007, 05:17 PM: Message edited by: slowlyturningintoyou ]

-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's no use keeping tabs on her period -- remember that things like stress and illness can delay ovulation, and that even a fairly-regular female can have late or early cycles once in awhile. As a young woman, she's likely to be even more erratic!

You can certainly take a HPT after 14 days have passed; it's a small price to pay for peace of mind, isn't it? And we can tell you with almost complete confidence it'll be negative. [Smile]

(And that's so nice to hear; thank you so much!)

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
slowlyturningintoyou
Neophyte
Member # 35074

ok good. thank you. my paranoia level (on a scale of 1 to 10) was about 11 yesterday, but now it's down to about 2 or 3.

i think we will get a HPT in 2 weeks, just so any remaining skittishness can go away completely.

thank you so much again!!!!!

-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No problem. Now have a cup of something soothing and relax! [Smile]
Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.