Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » unprotected sex, std?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: unprotected sex, std?
morggie7631
Neophyte
Member # 17948

Icon 9 posted      Profile for morggie7631     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i had unprotected sex (mistake #1) with a guy that i don't know at all (mistake #2) but we only did this for 25 seconds, if that, and he didn't have any sores on his penis and he did not come in me. i am concerned about an std, he told me he didn't have one, even after intercourse, but i still don't trust him (i don't know him). so my question is can i get an std from intercourse if he didn't come and didn't have any sores? and how long after this incident should i wait til i get a pap smear; i want accurate results, but soon! please help

--------------------
allie

Posts: 11 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes ... You can get an STI even if it was only a few seconds and he didn't ejaculate. STIs are passed through skin to skin contact as well as by contacts with fluids.

I wouldn't trust him when he says he has no STIs either. You need to get an STI screen. Be honest w/ your doctor ... Tell him/her you had unprotected sex and are unaware of your partners STI status. You'll need a full STI screen one month, six months and one year from now (or so).

Don't wait until your annual pap smear. You need to do this now. Also, incase it's unclear. pap smears are used to detect changes in cervical cells (that can indicate cervical cancer), NOT STIs. Some STI screens are done with pap smears, but not always, and not ALL unless you ask for it.

--------------------
Nursing is a work of heart!
~ unknown

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.