Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » i cant stop freaking out and overanalyzing everything...pregnant?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: i cant stop freaking out and overanalyzing everything...pregnant?
pinkveins
Activist
Member # 33993

Icon 9 posted      Profile for pinkveins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so i started a new pack of bc around the end of june, and the first two days i forgot my pillls cuz im a huge idiot so they said if you skipped two days to take two pills the day following the last day u missed and two the next day. so i did. and then i forgot my pill for the NEXT day after those 2 days and ended up taking it the morning after that day when i remembered. (i know, im stupid as hell...) anyways on july 31st which i think was only like 4 days or so into my new pack and after forgetting like 3 times like i just explained, my bf and i had sex and after he came we continued to thrust for a few minutes, and when he pulled out the condom got stuck inside me..not like the whole thing bunched up in there but more like an inch or so below the tip was stuck in me. it didnt feel as if any ejaculate or whatever was on me but just to make sure i went into the bathroom and washed out my whole vagina with soap and water. two times after this like sort of recently we had sex unprotected but only for a little bit and there was no precum or anything on him that i know of when he put it in me and he did not cum inside of me at all. after those first 3 days of missing/late pills i have taken my pills everyday and mostly on time. anyways i wasnt even too worried abt that incident/the times after until just a day or two ago i just started thinking "what if im pregnant?" i had a period where i didnt eat like anything at all for a few weeks or so and now i feel like im eating everything in sight..but its not THAT uncommon for me esp when im at work i always eat so much. but i heard cravings could be a sign of early pregnancy and i feel like im craving sweet then salty like all day. also within the past day or two ive been having little stomach cramps and some little cramps even in my lower abdomen where my ovaries are... which again could be from eating too much or gas from eating junk or whatever, but its just freaking me out idk. do you think i could be pregnant? if i am i dont know what i would do.....im seriously freaking out now and everywhere i turn i hear about people being pregnant...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...maybe im just overanalyzing cuz i always do that and make things seem like something they're not....is there any other warning signs i should look for tho if i could be pregnant? and do you think theres a big risk that i am from what ive described? sorry this is long but im freakingggg

[ 08-07-2007, 12:06 AM: Message edited by: pinkveins ]

--------------------
you promised me heaven but put me through hell...
</3

Posts: 72 | From: illinois | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You are NOT experiencing pregnancy symptoms. This early, there likely isn't even a viable pregnancy yet even if there is a fertilized ovum. Stop freaking yourself out, okay?

The majority of pill slip-ups that result in pregnancy are indeed mistakes made immediately before or after the placebo week, since it can extend follicular development enough to trigger ovulation.

Even if the condom did not fail the first time (so hard to tell from the description) the unprotected sex you had later could leave room for a pregnancy risk. Pre-ejaculate cannot be felt be either partner in the heat of the moment.

So, how about taking a deep breath and trying to focus on other things for a bit? You can take a pregnancy test the 14th day after the last risk and be sure of the results, and there's just no reason to tear yourself up for something that might not even be happening without a confirmation.

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(And as another note? If you indeed washed your vagina, versus vulva out with soap, and are noticing any troublesome discharge or cramps, it's likely you have an infection that needs to be checked out.)
Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pinkveins
Activist
Member # 33993

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pinkveins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so do you think that messing up those first like 4 or so days of my pack messed my system up for the whole month? and that theres a way bigger risk of pregnancy from those incidents i described than normal??

--------------------
</3

Posts: 72 | From: illinois | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Missing more than 2 pills in a row will compromise your protection significantly enough to skew your protection for an entire cycle. This is why women are instructed in their pill pamphlets to contact their physician if this occurs.

There was a pregnancy risk, though we can't make an estimate of how much. All you can do is take a pregnancy test once it will be accurate.

pinkveins
Activist
Member # 33993

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pinkveins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oh man im freaking out even more now...oh man oh man oh ******* man.....
i heard when ur on the pill that the test comes up positive every time? or is that bullshit?
omg im scared...in my pamphlet it didnt say anything abt see a physician for missing two days just that ur supposed to take two pills the following two days after the two days of missing. but it didnt say what to do if you missed the pill on the day AFTER those two days so i just took it as soon as i remembered.

--------------------
</3

Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pregnancy tests detect the hormone hcG, which is only produced when a woman is pregnant. Birth control pills do not contain this hormone, so they won't effect the accuracy of pregnancy tests at all.

Generally, if you miss more than 2 pills, this is when you should probably contact your doctor or gyn to see what they recommend.

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.