Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » EC, placebo pills, pregnancy risk!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EC, placebo pills, pregnancy risk!
limesparxx
Neophyte
Member # 33699

Icon 9 posted      Profile for limesparxx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, here's the situation:

*I am nearing the end of my cycle on Ortho Tri Cyclen, so I am right now just taking the sugar pills and waiting for my withdrawal bleeding
*This is the end of my first ever pack of pills, so I've been on them for about a month
*I was generally very good about taking my pills, I never took them the next morning, though I did occasionally take them an hour or two late near the end of the month
*I had brief sex with my boyfriend without a condom, and he did not ejaculate: and he hadn't ejaculated earlier that day (I've heard that its more likely there is sperm in the pre-cum if the man ejaculated before)
*Am I actually protected during the seven placebo pill part of the pack?

So I'm wondering
what are my risks for pregnancy?
should I buy EC tomorrow?

I really want to know, because I don't want to take EC.

Posts: 18 | From: USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When in your cycle did you and your boyfriend have unprotected sex? I ask becuase here, we generally tell people to wait until their first cycle on the pill is complete before relying on it for protection, but if you had sex in the last couple of weeks, you're likely okay still.

If it was in the first couple of weeks, I'd recommend getting EC.

(Once you're done this first cycle, yes, you will be protected during the placebo week too.)

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
limesparxx
Neophyte
Member # 33699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for limesparxx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have taken all the active pills of my first cycle, so I'm in the last inactive seven pills right now. So basically I am in the very last week of my first month of pills, and I took all my active pills. My bf is picking me up today sometime to get EC if I need it, so please tell me for sure, do I?
Posts: 18 | From: USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The question isn't whether you've taken all your pills, it was when in your cycle you had unprotected sex. So if you'd taken all the active pills, and were only on the placebos when you had sex, then you're okay and don't need EC, if that's what you're saying.

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
limesparxx
Neophyte
Member # 33699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for limesparxx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you very much Leabug, you've helped me out before this too and I definitely appreciate it [Smile]
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

No problem! [Smile]

--------------------
Lea

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.