Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » pregnancy tests v. condom mistakes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pregnancy tests v. condom mistakes
rezx
Neophyte
Member # 34817

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rezx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
two weeks ago, my boyfriend put the condom on the tip of his penis (probably getting precum on it), realized it was the wrong way when it wouldn't roll down, flipped it over, put it on properly, and we had sex.

two weeks ago was also the 14th day of my cycle.

and now, i'm three days late. i took a pregnancy test yesterday and today. both came back negative. i am still very worried because apparently the first urine sample of the morning is the most accurate, and i didn't use that both times i tested. and it might be too soon to take a test? not enough hormone two weeks after? the test says it's accurate four days in advance, but still, i'm not reassured by the two negative tests, and i don't know if i should be. tomorrow morning i plan to test again, first thing.

i took EC last month (i know, this must sound so bad and i sound so irresponsible), and my period came a week early. i'm calculating the time my period is supposed to come now from the day i got my period early because of EC. i guess it's possible EC could have thrown my entire cycle askew? or is it more likely that i'm pregnant from that condom mishap?

Posts: 2 | From: bx | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While pre-ejaculate does present a pregnancy risk, you can trust your pregnancy test results. They're accurate 10-14 days after the last risk, so you're okay, and most tests now are sensitive enough that you can test any time of day.

It's more likely that the EC you took last month has made your cycle a tad wonky- that's a very common side effect.

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rezx
Neophyte
Member # 34817

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rezx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so ... i thought i could have breathed a sigh of relief-- today i started bleeding, it was VERY VERY light and pink in color, which is very not typical of me because when i first get my period it's usually very heavy and brown.

well, the bleeding was minimal apparently, it only showed when i wiped, i put in a pad and now there's no trace of bleeding, and the bleeding has all but stopped, so i guess i'm spotting?

implantation bleeding that happens 10-14 days later?

i took two pregnancy tests today and they both were negative, but i hear that only after spotting/implantation do the tests begin to reveal positive results ...

i'm freaking out ... i am so scared

[ 07-29-2007, 10:14 PM: Message edited by: rezx ]

Posts: 2 | From: bx | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Spotting is often confused for implantation bleeding. Pregnancy tests are accurate within 10-14 days of a risk, as I mentioned above, so you can consider both of the tests you took accurate. (Implantation bleeding doesn't define when a test is considered accurate- most women do not experience implantation bleeding when they concieve anyhow.) If you really want to, you can always retest, or drop in to your gyn or doc for a test.

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.