Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » abdominal pain.. bad!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: abdominal pain.. bad!
rudy917
Neophyte
Member # 30618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rudy917     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LOOONG STORY. I don't know if all of this has anything to do with each other but we'll see.

I quit taking my birth control pills after my last pack (which I had my period 2 and a half weeks ago) because I've been with the same guy and the only guy I've been with for 6 years now and we never have sex. Maybe once a month and we always use a condom anyways. I have only had one sexual partner although when my boyfriend and I broke up a year or so ago I did oral with another guy.

Anyways, so I'm off my pill now and about a week ago I had stinging while urinating along with my breasts being extremely tender. I didn't think anything of the stinging when I urinate because I have UTI's frequently because something is wrong and I can't have caffeine or it gives me the burning sensation when urinating. So I didn't think anything of it. Tuesday came around and my lower back started hurting, right around where my kidneys are, and me knowing that a UTI can turn into something worse like a Kidney Infection thought "oh great." Well Wednesday didn't think anything of it, they didn't hurt or anything although my breasts were still tender. Burning sensationg while urinating had went away and so had the lower back pain. But Wednesday night I went to the bathroom and as I was urinating my stomache started like cramping up. I didn't know what was going on. I also had a bowel movement and it hurt like 10 times worse during that! Afterwards it was hurting pretty bad.

Ever since Wednesday about every other time I go to the restroom and urinate my stomache cramps up again and EVERYTIME I have a bowel movement my stomache cramps up but 10 times worse. It was so bad last night I went to the restroom came back out and couldn't even sit on the picnic table my whole pelvic region and abdomin were very sore I had to stand back up.

I had noticed a very sharp pain when I had intercourse the last time which remind you was about a month and a half ago. We did use a condom, but I took 2 pregnancy tests, both were negative. One last night and one first thing this morning, so I'm hoping I can rule that out, but I have been reading on random sites about maybe it being a ectopic prenancy?! Is that possible? I was thinking that it would show up on the test and also, I would have to be further along than just like a month because the last time I had unprotected sex was about 2 or 3 months ago when I was on my pill regulurly.

I'm just wondering pretty much what are some possibilities you think it could be and also if a "tubal pregnancy" shows up on the pregnancy tests usually?!

I'm putting this under the emergency only because it's killing me, not only physically but mentally, I'm going crazy! Thanks a lot!

Posts: 6 | From: iowa | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Get to the doctor ASAP. Pelvic/stomach pain could most definitely be an untreated UTI wrecking havoc. UTI's are NEVER to go without treatment for this reason. You should also get a full STI screening, if you haven't already, as this is also a symptom of infection.

I don't see any risk of pregnancy in the first place if condoms were used, and one month after the risk is high time for a positive to show. So, ectopic pregnancy is not a possibility.

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(By the way? Please stop going back and editing your posts blank. Only moderators/staff may delete posts, and you agreed when you signed up that all material posted belongs to ST. We need your post history to best serve your needs (for example, I was unable to go back and see whether or not you HAD been at risk of an STI or screened in order to best answer your question) and it's unfair to remove information for future posters in similar situations. Thanks.)
Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rudy917
Neophyte
Member # 30618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rudy917     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry about deleting. Anyways. I'm going to the dr asap but it's a Sunday and didn't realize it was that big of a problem until last night and even with the bowel movement it could still have something to do with the urinary tract?!? My step mom gave the idea of maybe a Kidney Infection if it has moved to the back also.
Posts: 6 | From: iowa | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

We aren't qualified to say, honey, especially over the Internet. It's definitely a possibility that the UTI spread to upper parts of your urinary tract sans treatment, or it could be something else entirely.

If you're in so much pain after relieving yourself that you can't sit down, you should consider going to an urgent care/walk-in clinic first thing tomorrow morning if your doctor can't see you, or, if the pain worsens or push comes to shove, the ER.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.