Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » UTI.... please help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: UTI.... please help
pixeldot
Activist
Member # 16061

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pixeldot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok I'll explain the full situation here, but I'm too embarrased to explain everything to anyone else.

So I've been having symptoms of what I thought was a yeast infection for 10 days now. I had sex (with a condom and lube, no birth control... first time using lube and it definately irritated me, if you remember my last post), July 4th, and a few days later my vagina area got painful and itchy. I assumed it was a yeast infection.

Also (here's the embarrassing part...) I accidentally wet myself a bit while at a friends house the night before that. I was too ashamed to mention it to her, so i just snuck into a pair of her shorts claiming I was too hot, but I had to leave the wet underwear on. I'm pretty sure that irritated my system a lot. I had them on for at least a few hours.

But it's still here, and I've been looking online, and have alot of symptoms of a UTI (cloudy urine, having to pee alooot more frequently, painful urination) which I thought were all because of the yeast infection.

I'm afraid to go to my doctor about this, because my mom will find out and accuse me of being sexually promiscuous, and I have a meeting on July 23rd at Response Center, the place where I'll be getting birth control from (not for this, but for birth control issues)

I just started using Monostat-3 to try and treat the yeast infection. (Oh, and for the sake of including every symptom, I've developed a sore throat/stuffy nose in the past 2 days but I'm almost 100% sure its related to allergies)

Question 1: Do you think its just a yeast infection or a UTI?
Question 2: Should I call Response Center now, or just wait until my meeting with them? In other words, is it as much of an emergency as I'm terrified that is it?

I'm really worried. I remember my mom telling me that UTI's are extremely dangerous and deadly, so I'm very nervous. (not to mention that this discomfort is getting old, I'd definately like it cleared up soon)

Posts: 90 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It definitely sounds more like a UTI than a yeast infection. But either way, neither you nor I are medical professionals and it wouldn't be wise to continue speculating about what's going on. Also, self-medicating is rarely a good idea, epsecially if you're not even sure at all you're medicating for the right thing.

So, what to do? Make an appointment now to see a doctor. UTIs have absolutely nothing to do with being sexually promiscuous, so it's nothing to be embarrased about. You can get them all sorts of ways and there will be no need for you to tell your doctor about where you think you got it from.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.