Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » another plan b question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: another plan b question
sodah2orhubarb
Neophyte
Member # 34543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sodah2orhubarb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi...ive already made 1 post about plan b...ill repaste it now:

Hi...I have some questions that I've been trying to get answered with no help....I got my last period on May 23rd. On the 28th, my boyfriend and I had sex and the condom broke. He was no where near ejaculating, but just to be safe we bough plan b. I took it within 24 hours. About six days later I started to have a brown discharge with some blood and cramps. That lasted for a few days...I haven't had a period since then. I'm not sure if that bleeding was considered my period because of the plan b or what. I took a pregnancy test about a week ago and it came out negative. I don't know what to think. I'm not sure if it's just the hormones in the plan b responding to my body like this since I've never taken birth control or what, but could someone please help me!

so....the other day i started getting my period symptoms really strong. then i had a slight brown discharge. since then ive had a little bit of that and some blood, and ive still had more of my period symptoms. ive taken another pregnancy test since my last post and it was negative. my gynecologist gave me birth control pills to start the sunday after my next period, and im wondering if i should start them this sunday. is this my period and its just still messed up from that plan b? especially since ive never taken anything with hormones like that before? so if u could just tell me if this is my period and if i should start my birth control that would be great. thank u

Posts: 9 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The first part of your post was already answered here.

Since you've taken a pregnancy test and it's negative, you could start the pill at any time now. The reason they say to wait until you get your period is ensure that you're not pregnant, and to try to keep your cycles as regular (for you) as possible. If it were me, i would wait until you start bleeding heavier (right now i think you are seeing spotting), as you would for a regular period. But it is up to you. It is not going to really hurt anything if you choose to start this Sunday.

--------------------
Nursing is a work of heart!
~ unknown

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sodah2orhubarb
Neophyte
Member # 34543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sodah2orhubarb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so you think im not pregnant then? im really paranoid about it...and if i start that pill this sunday will it make my periods normal again? cuz that plan b pill really messed up my system
Posts: 9 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you've taken a pregnancy test that came up negative, then you are not pregnant. By all means, take another one if that would make you feel safer.

Starting hormonal birth control can throw your cycle out of whack for the first three months, as well, so I wouldn't count on regular periods for a while. That's nothing to worry about. It just takes our body a while to get used to the hormones.

[ 07-11-2007, 12:27 PM: Message edited by: September ]

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.