Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » I don't know what to do!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I don't know what to do!
Jenhastoomuchparanoia
Activist
Member # 33031

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Jenhastoomuchparanoia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
me and my boyfriend had sex the other day. and I think he ejaculated on my vaginal area, like on the labia and stuff. and at that moment, we didn't do anything, it was just the heat of the moment type thing, and I kind of got some off by merely scooping them off with my fingers, but I don't know. later we had sex, at first we didn't put on the condom yet and the moment he was in me, he pulled out and said no then after a while we put the condom on and then I believe it was safe from there.

and now, yesterday, there was some brown discharge and I'm freaking out because I am clueless about all these things. I have no idea please help me. what can I do?? what DO I do?!

Posts: 51 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You should obtain Plan B if you wish to avoid pregnancy. Direct vaginal contact with semen plus vaginal intercourse without ejaculation warrants a moderate to high risk of pregnancy.

If you're 18 years or older, you can buy it over-the-counter at your local drugstore. Otherwise, input your zipcode here and call your local Planned Parenthood to see if they can help you.

And we must ask, once again, why you're foregoing safer sex practices when you must avoid pregnancy? Are you having trouble getting your partner to cooperate? What's going on? How can we help you?

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenhastoomuchparanoia
Activist
Member # 33031

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenhastoomuchparanoia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what is the brown discharge about though? and when he ejaculates, you know how it's suppose to look white? it looks kind of clear to me. which I don't really know about that can you please explain?
Posts: 51 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenhastoomuchparanoia
Activist
Member # 33031

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenhastoomuchparanoia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know how to get to birth control pills, because I'm only 16.

we don't have a problem with the safe sex thing we're just not paying attention enough and doing stupid things that can put us at risk.

but now I'm really afraid. please reply soon.

-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's hard to say what the brown discharge could be -- it could be abrasion from sexual activity (which could well be the case if you don't have safer sex supplies like lubricants at hand), the start of your period, or an STI.

The liquid you saw was semen. Its consistency ranges from thicker and white to runny and clear from day to day and with subsequent ejaculations. Pre-ejaculate is most often clear, and is discharged throughout the arousal cycle; since he had an ejaculation before unprotected sex, it's very likely leftover semen from his previous ejaculation was discharged with it, warranting a higher risk of pregnancy.

Do yourself a favor and get yourself a full physical exam, STI screening, and an ongoing birth control method (At LEAST some condoms!) from Planned Parenthood, okay? If you have the privacy to go out and be sexually active without your mom knowing, you have the means to get there and take responsibility for your health.

We can't help you if you can't help yourself, or at least tell us what the problem is so we can help you get what you need, okay?

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Do realize, honey, birth control pills are NOT your only option by a serious longshot; there are methods that are a lot more discreet and have less side effects, and condoms really are about the cheapest, among the most effective, and have the least side effects of all birth control methods.

Planned Parenthood can help you get EC and obtain an ongoing method of contraception; if you like, you can give your zipcode and we'll find clinic phone numbers for you.

You need to act quickly; EC is most effective within 72 hours after risky activity, though it has a lesser effect up to 5 days after.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.