Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » PMS or PREGNANCY?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: PMS or PREGNANCY?
forbidden_fruitxo
Neophyte
Member # 34565

Icon 11 posted      Profile for forbidden_fruitxo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I understand the concept of pregnancy and I remain to stay abstinent. I do not have and never had intercourse with my boyfriend but we do fool around, only as a passionate sign for our love for each other but this could be a mistake. Last Friday, which would be around six days ago...we fooled around and somehow by the end of the session I had dry precum on my fingers. The precum was probably dry to about 20-30 minutes since we watched half the rest of the movie. He never touched me with his hands but my problem is, I used the bathroom and wiped myself through a tissue using the hand I touched him with [the hand with precum]. So I am pretty worried even though the chances are improbable, I would still love feedback. I am in desperate need for help. I also want to point out that I have been feeling bloated with gas maybe and today I tried reasearching more about the topic and I felt dizzyness almost fainting, like nausea. I don't know wether it is my mind that is playing tricks on me, any help would be great :]
Posts: 15 | From: lost | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nope, you haven't had a risk there. If precum has been exposed to air for more than a few minutes, it dies, so there was no viable sperm left on your hands that you could've transfered anywhere.

(FYI: But even if there had been? Looking out for signs of pregnany is notoriously unreliable. If you'd had an actual risk, the only way to know for sure would've been to take a pregnancy test.)

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Understand that it often takes this many days just to start to BECOME pregnant, so feeling symptoms even if you had become pregnant this soon would be seriously unlikely, especially symptoms like nausea and bloating, which happen later in the game.

There really isn't a pregnancy risk here, okay?

But for future reference, as I just told another user this morning, it's really not helpful to be in any sort of denial about astinence. You may be abstaining from SOME forms of sex, but clearly you are not from others. So, be sure that you're talking together about what you need to do to have the kinds of sex you are responsibly so that you don't have to have these kinds of worries. If it's manual sex (fingering/handjobs), that's SO easy to do safely: it just involves being sure you both wash your hands before and after manual sex together.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
forbidden_fruitxo
Neophyte
Member # 34565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for forbidden_fruitxo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thankyou everybody so much! I feel relief and you all are very wonderful people to go out of your way and help others :]

I just also wanted to point out that the time length was probably more than 20-30 minutes because of the movie lengh and touching of clothes respectivley would probably rub off the semen too? and also I am pretty sure I did not touch my genitals while wiping myself but theres like all of these weird risks about how semen swim...and I know I am just some random ignorant girl rambling about how dry precum could could impregnate me, just scared. thanks for the previous advice given

Posts: 15 | From: lost | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
forbidden_fruitxo
Neophyte
Member # 34565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for forbidden_fruitxo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
but what if the precum was semi wet but i did not directly touch myself but through tissue?
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Really, forbidden, you have nothing to worry about here. The chances of you getting pregnant from anything you've described are minimal at best. Relax.

--------------------
Abbie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Us? Keep Us Around by Donating!

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I considered all the information you gave me: the answer is still that there was not a viable pregnancy risk. Really.

When you go to the washroom, you aren't likely taking your fingers and inserting them into your vagina. That's not a typical part of toileting, and sperm are a lot less crafty than you're thinking they are. Not to mention that after 20 minutes at a MAXIMUM, any vibale sperm (and since it was pre-ejaculate, it may not have contained sperm at all, since it only does sometimes) on your fingers aren't viable anymore.

But again, clearly, you're doing things that you're not ready for here, since you don't have the information to know if you're taking risks you want to or not. So, take the time to get that information, and then have that big talk, okay? Part of loving each other passionately is also passionately being invested in both partner's sanity. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
forbidden_fruitxo
Neophyte
Member # 34565

so could my constant urination, bloating, nausea just be a form of pms?
Heather
Member # 3

You are not going to be urinating more from ANY pregnancy this early in the game, because it takes a good while for a pregnancy to become large enough to put extra pressure on the bladder.

Bloating and nausea would be common PMS symptoms, but very frequent urination isn't often so -- if that remains an issue, that's something you'd want to talk to your doctor about to make sure you don't have a urinary tract infection.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.