Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Please Help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Please Help
scaredinjuly
Neophyte
Member # 34539

Icon 4 posted      Profile for scaredinjuly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am looking for advice.. I have posted on sites before with poor results but this site seems to have pretty quick answers and that is what I need right now!

About a week ago I was engaging in sexplay with my boyfriend and he ejaculated on my back. He wiped it off of me and then proceeded to get a washcloth with soap and water to clean it off. I followed him into the bathroom and he wiped it down with soap and water, rinsed out the washcloth and wiped it off again, only this time water ran down my back and I believe down to my vagina. After that, I get dressed without washing my hands.. I had been in contact with his penis prior to/during ejaculation, but I became so overwhelmed with the water situation I completely forgot and now I wonder if I could have gotten anything on my underwear from my hands. I am not sure how worried I should be.. he says he isn't worried but somehow I think he just isnt thinking about it the way I am. I was aroused so I am sure that my vagina was lubricated, but at no point did his penis come close to my vagina. Any thoughts on my pregnancy risk?

Posts: 2 | From: PA | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What's the Risk? Easy Pregnancy Risk Assessments

For future reference, there's a handy guide to know at a glance how risky given activities are. [Smile]

I'm not seeing a substantial pregnancy risk from what you described. Soap and water is as close to sperm-killing as it gets; semen has a very exact pH and viscosity to allow sperm's survival, and soap and water upset that balance, making survival difficult or impossible.

There's really only ever a risk if a good amount of semen or pre-ejaculatory fluid comes into direct contact with your vaginal opening, which I'm not seeing is the case. [Smile]

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scaredinjuly
Neophyte
Member # 34539

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scaredinjuly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Right, I checked the flowchart before I posted but I didn't feel particularly satisfied about how it related to my case in particular. I thought the risk was small, but we are usually very careful and this is the biggest scare we have had so I didn't know what to think.

The only thing I just want to clarify is the multiple transfer thing from my hand to my underwear to my vagina is highly unlikey too correct? I know you said its only a risk if a good amount comes in contact, and I doubt I had enough on my hand for that or I would have noticed.. but it still makes me uneasy because I didn't think about that aspect until well after the fact.

Thanks for the quick response, and for your help. I am so glad there are people out there to talk to about concerns like these.

Posts: 2 | From: PA | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If your fingers weren't wet with semen, there's no way possible any sperm were alive; they're like fish out of water when semen dries up. If you touched your panties or wiped your hands, it's a safe bet none got where they wanted to go.

You've nothing to worry about! Rest assured that if you make sure to wash up thoroughly from now on, you're being as safe as can be. [Smile]

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sexedhelp123
Neophyte
Member # 34610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sexedhelp123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if i ejaculted and then touched a part of the wall in my bathroom like 30 minutes after washing my hands but not very thourally ago and my gf put her hands in the same place and took a pee can she be pregnant or was the sperm alive by that time

--------------------
helpme

Posts: 3 | From: michigan | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sexedhelp123
Neophyte
Member # 34610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sexedhelp123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sorry the ago goes after 30 minutes my bad

--------------------
helpme

Posts: 3 | From: michigan | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is no risk from this. Sperm cannot live 30 minutes on a wall, if they even survived a hand-washing in the first place. (Even if the walls had been dripping in semen, generally women don't touch or insert fingers in their vaginas as part of urination.)

(And as mentioned in the other thread, you can start your own thread by using the "new topic" button at the top of each page! [Smile] )

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.