Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Pregnancy through fingering?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pregnancy through fingering?
angryeyes
Neophyte
Member # 34525

Icon 1 posted      Profile for angryeyes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey..
I'm sure its been asked before but I just feel like there is no real honest straight forward answer. I would love for someone who knows what they are talking about (like a Doc, or someone who has at least studied up on this thing) to please help me out:
I have heard that sperm dies as it reaches the air, on the other hand I have heard it lasts up to 72 hours, in all honestly they both sound quite ridiculous to me. So I would love to know what the honest answer to all of this is...

Then here comes in my problem, if sperm somehow does live like freaking 72hours then shurely things liek dry sex and fingering would have a much higher pregnancy rate?

You see, there is obviously a reason why I am asking all of this, this reason is:

The other night I was hanging out with my girlfriend when one thing led to another and next thing I knew I had sperm all over my hand, (mutual masturbation or whatever its called) then I whipped it of on my pants, without looking so I'm not sure if I got it all totally, and stupidly like 8mins later fingered my girlfriend. My question is, in a situation like this is it possible, and if yes, what are the chances, like an estimated percentages , of pregnancy? Also, even though her period had not begun she did have a tampon in, would this make any difference? She is now 5 days late, but was also late the month before?
Any honest opinions, that can be backed up> Also are there any real cases that I can read up on that show that people have fallen pregnant this way?

Please I would love replies, and hopefully more than just go get a test, because a lot of people would love to know the dnagers and the intensity of the dangers.

Thank you for all your help

[ 07-02-2007, 04:55 PM: Message edited by: angryeyes ]

Posts: 2 | From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Negative. Sperm live as long as the carrier fluid, semen, is wet and active. Sperm require semen for survival, and as soon as semen is completely dry, sperm can't live, just as fish can't live outside of water.

It's hard to give an exact time-frame of when this occurs because several factors can affect drying times, but it usually isn't more than several minutes, much less if a surface is wiped down.
Your hands would have had to have had a noticeable amount of semen on them and come into direct contact with her vaginal area or inside of her vagina to present a pregnancy risk.

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
angryeyes
Neophyte
Member # 34525

Icon 1 posted      Profile for angryeyes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What would the risk be? High or low? and are there cases of this really happening and could someone direct me to it?
Posts: 2 | From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's the Risk? Easy Pregnancy Risk Assessments

You can find out yourself by following the steps in that article! [Smile]

From what you described, it doesn't sound as if a substantial amount of semen or pre-ejaculatory fluid came into contact with her vaginal opening, in which cause there is a very low risk of pregnancy. If not, follow the chart until you find the situation that applies. It'll tell you a ballpark estimate of the risk and whether or not EC is needed. Neat, huh?

If you're still worried, your girlfriend can take a pregnancy test 10-14 days after the risk to get an accurate result. And in the future, washing hands thoroughly between touching each other's genitals is the easiest way to avoid any risk altogether. [Smile]

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jim s.
Neophyte
Member # 34493

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jim s.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey there ive been in your exact same shoes, so i know how you must be feeling right now. ive actually been through the situation before and did plenty of research on it when this situation was happening to me, but this is how it went.

after the risk, i realized what i had done, which was i had had semen on my hand, wiped it off a little on my pants, and fingered her after. but what i didn't know was how dry the semen was on my fingers and how big of a risk it could have been?

well turns out she got her period, she didnt get pregnant. it seems that the 72 hour semen myth is false because then everything would be a risk. sperm has to be in fresh ejaculate for it to cause a pregnancy. wiping it off, and then 8 minutes with dry semen on your fingers? dry semen=dead sperm.

yes, i do know someone who has gotten pregnant this way as a matter of fact. but its probably one of the most rarest cases of pregnancy ever. the situation was different however, as the person has wet semen straight from where it had came from, and had covered his fingers to the point where it would drip. only in this situation is where it would be a major case of pregnancy

long story short, you dont have much a pregnancy risk. if you did, it would be very very low, but im only saying this because im assuming you didnt have semen all over your fingers when you fingered her. which is probably the case [Smile]

Posts: 4 | From: cali | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jim s.
Neophyte
Member # 34493

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jim s.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my biggest advice btw, please wash your hands after you get any sperm on your fingers when you are with your girlfriend and plan to finger her. it will take a lot of stress away
Posts: 4 | From: cali | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Hey jim s., this area is marked quite clearly to be for staff and volunteer replies only. Please do not continue to post here. Thank you!)

--------------------
Abbie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Us? Keep Us Around by Donating!

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hooper20
Neophyte
Member # 34723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hooper20     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So the same thing happened to me.. I cummed the night before she came over but i wiped my hands off with a towel that night, so I am guessing it was a good 7 hrs.And in the morning she came over and i fingered her? Is there a chance?
Posts: 3 | From: Houston | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

We appreciate you finding relevant topics and posting in them instead of making your own, and if you re-read the thread, you'll find your question is answered!

Sperm die when semen is dry, period. [Smile]

Kashu
Neophyte
Member # 50012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kashu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My bf ejeculated. He wiped his hands on a tissue. And fingered me. Wat are the chances of pregnency? He is almost positive his hands were dry
Posts: 14 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As long as his hands were dry, there really isn't a viable risk of pregnancy.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5744 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kashu
Neophyte
Member # 50012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kashu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm still very scared. Not to sound disgusting and be tmi. Bt he went really deep. And I'm still paranoid. Bcuz what if they weren't completly dry..
Posts: 14 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Honestly, unless his hand was covered in semen, there really isn't a risk. The main concern with manual sex (fingering) is infection, not pregnancy.

Have you seen this article yet? It might help clear up for you what presents a risk and what doesn't. Pregnancy Scared?

(Also, in the future, please start your own topic if you have a question. It's easier for us to find it that way and there's less chance of your post being missed. Thanks!)

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5744 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kashu
Neophyte
Member # 50012

Thank you so much. And the best thing to do is not worry? I read the article and it helped a lot.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.