Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » i NEED HELP...can someone explain the pregnancy results?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: i NEED HELP...can someone explain the pregnancy results?
ruru
Neophyte
Member # 34312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ruru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well turn out to be that when i went to the gynocologist they did the pap smear, and it turned out to be that the condom had broken, because i had i piece of condom inside my vigina...! So i got the pregnancy test done...the urine and the blood.

And the results came to be less than 1 meaning negative, but they also told me that it was to soon to know, that the pregnancy hormone that women produce when they are pregant wasnt showing!

WHAT DOES THAT EXACTLY MEAN?
COULD THERE BE A CHANCE THAT I COULD STILL BE PREGNANT?
AND WHY COULDNT THE TELL IF ITS HAS BEEN 15 DAYS FROM THE 1ST I HAD SEX AND 13 DAYS FROM THE 2ND TIME WE HAD SEX, AND THE 1ST DAY OF MY PERIOD WAS FROM JUNE 7 TO THE 11...(WE HAD SEX 2 DAYS AFTER MY PERIOD.)
i THOUGHT YOU COULD TELL FROM 10-14 DAYS IF YOUR PREGNANT OR NOT...! SO IS THERE A CHANCE I COULD BE?

PLEASE answer me am very stressed out over this... thanks!

Posts: 14 | From: indiana | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, let me see if I can simplify this:

You went to the GYN, and they did the test. You know that it has been at least 10 days since you had the last pregnancy risk, correct?

If this is the case, no matter what they said, that pregnancy test you got done should be accurate. There is no reason for it not to be if your timeline is correct.

From what I can gather, you do not have to worry about pregnancy.

--------------------
Abbie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Us? Keep Us Around by Donating!

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ruru
Neophyte
Member # 34312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ruru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok am kinda brain dead when it comes to this kinda stuff...! = D

what do you mean "that it has been at least 10 days since i had the last pregnancy risk."?

am sorry...i just want to be really informed!

THANKS...!

Posts: 14 | From: indiana | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pregnancy tests are accurate as early as 10-14 days after a pregnancy test, and if you had a blood test done as well, those are even more accurate than urine tests. If your test came up negative, and it has been 10 days or more since your pregnancy risk (which you said it was), it's pretty safe to say you're not pregnant.

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
By the way, if there's ever anything you don't understand while you're at the doctor, don't hesitate to speak up and ask your questions. Your health care provider should be willing to explain everything to you so you know what's going on with your body. [Smile]
Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.