Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » should i be concerned?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: should i be concerned?
browneyes1989
Activist
Member # 32563

Icon 1 posted      Profile for browneyes1989     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i posted about a month ago about a possible pregnancy risk (please read and make note to my reference). my period came right on time, normal, and lasted 4-5 days. This month I havn't really had an other run ins with a risk other than my boyfriend has waundering hands and rubbs the outside of my underwear. When this happened he had is pants on. So this presents no pregnancy risk right? anyways I am asking because my period is one week late. should i be concerned?
Posts: 44 | From: NC | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?

What's the Risk? Easy Pregnancy Risk Assessments

These articles will tell you what you need to know. Review your post history, in which you were expressly advised clothed manual sex/touching poses no risk of pregnancy.

This is the last pregnancy/late period related post we will answer for you. Avail yourself of your post history, read the articles, and abstain from all sexual activity if you cannot be sure about the decisions you're making. We don't have the resources to continue catering to your anxiety when you're choosing to continue the behavior and cannot be reassured.

Please check out our pregnancy anxiety support thread here to talk to others with the same worries as you and how to cope. Any future query about pregnancy will be closed. Thanks. [Smile]

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
browneyes1989
Activist
Member # 32563

Icon 1 posted      Profile for browneyes1989     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Look I know I can be annoying but I have no one else to ask. Could my previous period have been implantation bleeding?
Posts: 44 | From: NC | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's not a matter of annoyance, trust us; it's more that you can't work on your anxiety and changing your behavior to avoid it if you can't accept constant reassurance.

If you had anything resembling a normal period, it cannot be implantation bleeding. Implantation bleeding shows in only about 1/3 of confirmed pregnancies, and is often a negligible amount of pink discharge/spotting. Not full-on bleeding in the least. [Smile]

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Browneyes, I'm not going to close this thread right now but only because I'd like to be able to discuss your fear of pregnancy. In the guidelines it states that we may not continue answering if a user has had more than three pregnancy scares but has not made changes to avoid future scares. After reviewing your post history I see that all your posts have been about a fear of pregnancy but you almost never actually have a pregnancy risk. What specifically have you done to alleviate this problem?

I think it's a very good idea that you rethink your readiness to be sexually active at this time. If activities that will not result in pregnancy trouble you this much are they worth continuing? Are you having trouble saying no? Is your partner refusing to accept no? What do you think will help you be more realistic about the results of your actions?

Please read through these articles in addition to the ones Lauren linked:
Ready or Not? The Scarleteen Sex Readiness Checklist
Where DID I Come From? A Refresher Course in Human Reproduction

We would like to help you work through this, but I am requesting that you not to ask us about any more what if scenarios. Instead, let's discuss what needs to happen so you don't have all that worry.

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.