Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » pregnant?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pregnant?
eclipsed83
Neophyte
Member # 14792

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eclipsed83     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been on the birth control pill for 3 years, and then a family member got blood clots from the bc pill and I was told to go off of the pill. I was off for about 1 month when I had sex with my boyfriend (May 4th). We used a condom, but in the middle i felt it break and i got off asap (he hadn't ejaculated) and we replaced it with a new condom. Well, before I went on the BC Pill (3 years ago) I had originally gone on it because I had very irregular periods. Like once every 3 months. On May 11th, I had a period. It wasn't as long as normal, it was 3 days long when when I was on the pill, it was 5 days long. I wasn't worried at all about pregnancy because of that.

Well, a week ago, my boyfriend (who is out of state for the summer) IMed me saying that he had a dream that I was pregnant, and wanted to know if I was. And I said no. But now its bothering me! I keep looking for all the stupid early signs and didn't find any until yesterday my boobs got a bit sore. Now, when I was on BC I never got sore boobs before my period. Im pretty sure I didnt get them pre-bc either? But I dunno. I've been feeling sorta... pre-periody so maybe thats it, I dunno. I made an appointment at a local Planned Parenting for testing/check up but I cant get in til July 11th. I am just wondering what my risks are. I mean, I have never had a normal menstral cycle when I havent been on BC, and like I said I dont feel pregnant.. at all. I guess I just want an outside opinion before I go to the planned parenthood. I'm rather irritated because had my boyfriend not asked me if I was pregnant, I wouldn't even be worrying right now haha. And know I could take a test but I would prefer waiting for a professional to do it so that if it was positive (which I doubt it would be) I'd be able to get options.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you had anything resembling a normal period (and five days sounds like just that) it's safe to assume you are not pregnant, as it is impossible to have an actual period and be pregnant.

Pregnancy "symptoms" are nothing safe or sound to go by, as they are common to many other much more common ailments (like PMS-symptoms, stomach bugs, indigestion, simple hormone shifts, etc.).

I'd be willing to bet you're not pregnant, and rather than waiting until July 11th, I'd actually recommend you pick up a home pregnancy test now if it would ease your worries. As long as you follow the instructions that come with the test (and they're pretty simple instructions), they're highly accurate (pretty much just as accurate as a urine test at a hospital).

If it IS positive (which again, I doubt), you will be able to use your July 11th appointment to get a blood-test done to confirm and then discuss options then. If it's negative, you can still keep your appointment to get your check-up.

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eclipsed83
Neophyte
Member # 14792

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eclipsed83     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just wanted to say that my period came today so you were right [Smile] Just my body being its normal self with irregular periods. Thanks!
Posts: 4 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.