Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » last pill slip up

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: last pill slip up
Stargirl85
Activist
Member # 26547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stargirl85     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well this month i was really good with taking the pill.. between 6-7PM every day, i was never late. (I'm on alesse 28 just to clarify incase it somehow comes up). I've been on it for over a year, never had any problems. Anyways on the last day of my pack, I forgot and was awake at 3AM in the morning and took it then.. so I pretty much completely missed that one and I heard missing them at the end of a pack and at the beginning is REALLY bad. How bad are my chances of getting pregnant? I get my period every wednesday morning, so I should get it today.. but I'm sort of stressing out on that last pill. HELP!
Posts: 104 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since it was at the end of your pack, there's probably nothing to worry about. You may find that your withdrawl bleed (remember, you don't have real periods on the pill) is a bit early or a bit late, but overall it should be ok. You have more to be concerned about if you miss or are extremely late on a pill at the beginning of a cycle rather than at the very very end.

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stila
Neophyte
Member # 30611

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stila     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I've been on the pill for 6 monhts now and I was about 10 hours late in taking my 3rd pill of a new pack. am I still safe or should I double up in protection for the remainder of the month?
Thanks!

Posts: 39 | From: Montreal | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Combination pills have a grace period of 12 hours in which protection is not significantly compromised. You should be safe, but if you want extra reassurance, you can back up for one week, as is often recommended for missed pills. [Smile]
Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meeneecat
Neophyte
Member # 34762

Icon 1 posted      Profile for meeneecat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been reading about cervical observation and other monthly cycle observations for predicting when you are fertile and not fertile. I recommend every girl chart, observe and keep track of her cycles. You would be surprised at how much bodies are capable. I noticed after observing my cycles for a while and noticed that everything was in sync with the moon and i could count on my period starting each time there was a full moon. amazing! anyway I think it's a good tool for anyone who is having sex and wants to know when that "worry" period is, since it is virtually impossible to get pregnant without having that "fertile" period (about 7 days). Please note I'm not at all advocating not using condoms or anything like that - because you should always protect yourself, but it is another helpful tool. Here's a few websites that talk about cycle observation and cervical observation.

http://www.ovulation-calculator.com/preconception/commonsigns.htm

http://www.sisterzeus.com/cervob.htm

--------------------
-meeneecat

Posts: 21 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Meena, again, this area is for Volunteer and Staff response ONLY. While we appreciate your wanting to help, please keep your posts to other forums, not these top two.

Lastly, while charting is certainly not a bad idea at all in terms of knowing your cycles, and to pair with condom use, it's a little bit out of place when replying in a post about birth control pill use - when on hormonal, charting is ineffective, because there's nothing to chart when you don't ovulate!

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Edit: oops, got beaten to it!]

[ 07-25-2007, 11:40 PM: Message edited by: Leabug ]

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meeneecat
Neophyte
Member # 34762

Icon 1 posted      Profile for meeneecat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry I didn't know the rules. Now I do. I won't post again. Please delete my post from this topic. Thank you.

--------------------
-meeneecat

Posts: 21 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.