Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » extreme vaginal itching

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: extreme vaginal itching
babybear
Activist
Member # 30364

Icon 5 posted      Profile for babybear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've had really bad vaginal itching for about two weeks. I waited so long because last time I had itching, my period took care of the problem. That is not the case now.

I examined my vulva/opening of my vagina and it is very red. The skin surround my vulva... like, where hair grows, is also very red and irriated. Almost looks like a rash.

It sort of spread to my butt. The skin is reddish as well.

I've just had yellow & white vinegar-smelling discharge which you guys have told me is normal in the past. Mind you, I have been tested twice and the results were negative, and I am still with the same partner. We have unprotected oral sex, but protected intercourse.

I just have INSANE itch/redness. I'm thinking reaction to detergent or soap or something. Any ideas?!

Posts: 250 | From: somewhere | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yikes! This is grounds for running to your doctor screaming. Well, not really, but it can't be comfortable, and if it's an infection of some sort, you really can't let it go.

In the meantime, make sure no chemicals come into contact with your vulva. Nix any soap-like substances for cleaning the area; warm water will suffice. Try applying pure, organic, 100% aloe vera gel to the area. Consider switching to a fragrance-free, anti-allergen detergent (I think ALL makes a free and clear type) and nixing the fabric softener, even if this means washing your underwear seperately.

(Tip: White vinegar in the softening dispenser helps break down any soapy residue, softens clothes about as good as softener, and helps chill skin reactions reliant on the pH of stuff coming into contact with the skin. I've noticed a difference when using it to rinse my underpants. And no, it doesn't stink afterwards, promise! [Razz] )

But yeah, this is just a temporary fix. Call and get in if you can; no need to suffer if it isn't an allergic reaction!

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babybear
Activist
Member # 30364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for babybear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the quick reply!

Tonight I just going to clean my vagina with warm water. I am really thinking this is an allergic reaction because it spread to my butt! My mom is going to switch detergents.

The itching was definitely already present, but I noticed a change in intensity after I started using Dial soap. I'm nixing that for sure.

I have read gonorrhea spreads the itching to the anus.... but like I said - there is no funky discharge and I've been tested twice.

I'm going to make an appt. if my total change in soaps/detergents does not make a difference.

Posts: 250 | From: somewhere | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.