Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Raped and then Brown discharge

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Raped and then Brown discharge
briittaannyy
Neophyte
Member # 33807

Icon 4 posted      Profile for briittaannyy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was raped last week and im now having Brown discharge and bleeding and Im not due for my period until may 26 I need hel and fast someone help me...
Posts: 4 | From: DE | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did you report the crime or see a physician, Brittany? How long ago, in days, did this happen? If it was 5 days ago or less, you can obtain emergency contraception.

Brownish discharge and bleeding does not sound like a good sign after an assault. You need to get into a physician now. Do you need help finding somewhere nearby you can go to?

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
briittaannyy
Neophyte
Member # 33807

Icon 1 posted      Profile for briittaannyy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No i know where to go Im going down to whats called my welness center today... and yes i reported it and no i dont believe in the emergency contraceptive but the bleeding got heavier last night and i dont know what it is... Im worried but i will tell you this afternoon what it is Im really stressed... what do you think it is?
Posts: 4 | From: DE | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Honey, don't contemplate what it could be. Go to a physician NOW and get checked out. You very well could have suffered some internal injury during the assault.

--------------------
Abbie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Us? Keep Us Around by Donating!

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
briittaannyy
Neophyte
Member # 33807

Icon 1 posted      Profile for briittaannyy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I never did go to the doctor but I was pregnant and had a misscarriage and I dont know its crazy... Life is a mess i must say!
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Babe, if you were pregnant and had a miscarriage, you MUST go to the doctor, okay? You can't be 100% certain either occurred, and there can be complications like an incomplete miscarriage that can have serious health risks.

Not to mention, this means you've foregone an STI screening, which is much more a risk to your reproductive health than a pregnancy.

What can we do for you to help you get the medical attention you need? Why haven't you gone?

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.