Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Changing my pill time

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Changing my pill time
beautifulS0LE
Activist
Member # 33229

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beautifulS0LE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is somewhat of an emergency b/c today was the last day of my first cycle of BC pills. I wanted to change the time I take it b/c the time I take it now is too inconvenient. Is it possible to change it now or is it too early?

[ 04-29-2007, 12:58 AM: Message edited by: beautifulS0LE ]

Posts: 51 | From: California | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You should be able to change your time no problem if it's within three hours of your normal time. If you're going for a drastic change, you'd likely be safest backing up for one week.
Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It would be fine to change the time you take you pills now. The time at which you take your pills during your placebo week really doesn't matter, as they are just placebo pills, and so long as you switch to your new time and continue taking your pills correctly during your next month of active pills, you'll be protected.

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(I must have misunderstood. I missed where you said you were starting a new pack. Thanks, dailicious, for the clarification!)
Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beautifulS0LE
Activist
Member # 33229

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beautifulS0LE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Miss Lauren and dailicious! [Smile]
Posts: 51 | From: California | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.