Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » good news bad news

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: good news bad news
sexypeanutbutter06
Neophyte
Member # 26114

Icon 9 posted      Profile for sexypeanutbutter06     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok i went to the doctor to checked out my tounge and she said it looked normal that i just never noticed those bumps beofre but she said i don't have herpes! yea i was so happy. i got std tested and a pap smear well i was there just to make sure i was healthy and everything. heres the bad news- she said it looks like i have a yeast infection and when she ran the sample she said there is some kind of bacteria down there but it probably isn't a std! ok since ive been to the doctor ive been itching a little like i was before i went and all of a sudden parts of my vagina has got swollen. Not the clitos but the other part its swollen and i don't know why and it hurts to urinate now too. Why did i get swollen and what sti symptom is this ? will it stay like this. I am suppose to get my test results back next tuesday but should i wait that long and see or should i go back to the hospital? what should i do? This swollenness is very uncomfortable.
Posts: 23 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Those are all signs of a yeast infection, which is usually pretty easily treated. You may be swollen due to the infection or from irritation by scratching. So stop scratching! The painful urination may also be from irritation from scratching or it may be the bacterial infection your doctor spoke of. Keep yourself well hydrated and try not to scratch as much as possible.

I'm not sure why these results should take until next tuesday ...? Are you sure you heard your doctor right?

If you find your symptoms are getting worse, i would go back to your doctor.

--------------------
Nursing is a work of heart!
~ unknown

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If she's talking bacteria, then maybe you have a bacterial infection AND a yeast infection.

And it's likely the yeast infection causing the swelling: that's pretty typical. Did she give you any treatment?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.