Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Panic Attack; help.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Panic Attack; help.
elizabeth_k_
Neophyte
Member # 31187

Icon 4 posted      Profile for elizabeth_k_     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've stated in a previous post that I've been dealing with some anxiety lately. I've had some panic attacks in the past but right now I'm just terrified. I'm home alone, I called my therapist but she didn't answer. I don't know what to do. My heart's racing, I feel kind of dizzy, and I think I'm getting hives on my neck, as it's suddenly gotten very hot and itchy. I'm afraid to move from my current spot. I'm afraid someone will climb out from under my bed or jump out of the bathroom when I'm walking to my room. I won't even put my feet on the ground for fear that someone is hiding beneath the desk. I'm really really scared, I don't know what I should do. I'd appreciate any help, thanks.
Posts: 16 | From: Long Island | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is there a relative or friend that you can call? If so, make the call to them right now and ask if they can come over or at least speak with you over the phone.

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elizabeth_k_
Neophyte
Member # 31187

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elizabeth_k_     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't, the only person I could call is my mother and she's at a funeral for her friend. I hate when this hpapens,the feeling just gets worse. I feel like I'm going to throw up.
Posts: 16 | From: Long Island | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh sweetie, *hugs*.

Take a deep breath.

Can you call your mom just to talk to her for a minute?

When I used to get scared about being at home alone, I'd call my grandma and talk to her for just a few minutes. Just hearing her voice would help me to feel better. Could you call your mom for just a moment? That might help...

Or, if you can't call her, can you call someone else and just chat for a minute or two?

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elizabeth_k_
Neophyte
Member # 31187

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elizabeth_k_     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Even if I could call someone I wouldn't feel right talking to them. I've never been open about things, I feel much more comfortable talking to strangers. I have an appointment with my therapist tomorrow. I have a really strong feeling I'm going to need medication. I get these attacks almost every day, and lesser ones a couple of times a day. No matter how hard I try to take care of it myself it never goes away.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.