Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Positive test

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Positive test
blondebabydoll
Neophyte
Member # 30753

Icon 9 posted      Profile for blondebabydoll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok so i took another test and it was positive, my boobs are still really sore and i keep getting sharp pains in the left side of my lower abdomen. Is that normal? The most i could be is about 8/9 weeks am going to the doctors next monday anyway i was going to wait and mention it then but i dnt know if i should try and get in to the nurse immediately to find out for sure. Do they do blood and urine tests and do you have to wait a week?
I told ma bf and showed him the test he said he really wants a baby but is worried for me because he doesn't think i could handle being pregnant! I dnt believe in abortion and i said i wouldn't get rid of it no matter what and he said he would be there for me. But i am only 19 and i am still training he's quite a bit older than me so i guess he knows better and i know having a baby would be the hardest thing in the world and my parents will go off it but if i am pregnant then i do want my baby.

Posts: 11 | From: Newcastle | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Before I say anything else, please just remember that you ALWAYS get a choice. Even if you've said abortion is not something you'd do before, if actually being pregnant makes you think differently -- and it often does; after all, guessing how we'd feel in the abstract is but a guess -- it is okay to consider that, call up a clinic and ask questions if you want, the works. And should you be inclined to, it's always okay to change your mind.

You should not have to wait a week for the results of an office pregnancy test. How long you'll have to wait at your doctor's is something you can find out with a phone call, so by all means, call in and ask.

When you do see your doctor, again, ask all the questions you want and need to to make the right choice for you. For instance, since you've posted before about having issues with excessive dieting, it'd be a good idea if you are inclined to try and remain pregnant, to talk about how you CANNOT do that while pregnant, how you will need to gain weight, and how to get help, if you need some, in being sure to do that.

If you suspect your family will not support you, you may also want to ask the doctor to point you towards resources for aid to single mothers: it's great that your boyfriend says he'll be there for you, but often, that doesn't always pan out, so if you're going to parent, you'll want to be sure you have a backup plan for taking care of yourself and your baby should your boyfriend go out of the picture at any point.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(And I gotta say: it's pretty strange for your boyfriend to be worried for you NOW, but not to have been worried when he was initiating all the unprotected sex. If he's going to be a parent, he's going to have to start worrying about things in ADVANCE, not after the fact.)

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.