Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Pregnant?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pregnant?
blondebabydoll
Neophyte
Member # 30753

Icon 5 posted      Profile for blondebabydoll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, please dnt judge me - me and my bf have been having unprotected sex for about 3/4 months (yes i know how stupid that is) we are both clean (STI screens). I have taken two tests the last one about a month and a half ago and they were both negative. My periods are very irregular and i have only had one period in the 3/4 months we have being have unprotected sex and it lasted 1 day! I took the first test straight after that and like i said it was negative and that was in the 1st month.
For about a week i have been feeling sick but i havn't actually been sick, my boobs have been really sore and i keep getting pains in my lower abdomen could that be early pregnancy symptoms?
Also i have been for an ultra sound today to check for gall stones as i had a severly inflammed gall bladder about 2 months ago and the nurse never said anything, which she would if i was pregnant, wudn't she? I'm not sure whether to take another test or not! Because i thought if i was the nurse would have said something.

Posts: 11 | From: Newcastle | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, when they're doing an ultrasound for your gallbladder, they're not looking at your uterus. So, that wouldn't have shown them anything per pregnancy. However, you likely also had some urine/bloodwork done for this, in which case a pregnancy test is generally standard. But you could certainly call the doctor/nurse and ask.

Tender breasts certainly can be a sign of early pregency, and if you have been at this for several months, but only took a test last a month and a half ago, it'd be sage to take one again if you have not had a regular period in the last two months.

And obviously, if you do NOT want to become pregnant, you need to either abstain from intercourse or you and your partner need to start using a method of birth control yesterday. Do you need help? Having troubles with your partner accepting that limit?

Also, glad you've finally gotten into the doctor. I hope you mentioned any excessive dieting you're doing? Because starvation/fad dieting could very well be the source of both your irregular periods AND gallbladder problems.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Areona
Neophyte
Member # 31152

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Areona     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some one please tell me how to post on here, I cannot figure it out for the life of me!! THanks!
Posts: 1 | From: Brandon, MS. | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You go to the forum that's relevant to your question, then look at the top right hand corner of the page - right there you'll find something that says "Post New Topic". Click on that.

Clear? [Smile]

--------------------
"Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world's grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it." - the Talmud

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.