Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Need Advice!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need Advice!!!
loops428
Neophyte
Member # 30894

Icon 9 posted      Profile for loops428     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night was my 6th night on the pill and my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex and he didnt ejaculate inside me but he ejaculated right outside and on my vagina. I wiped everything off but what is the risk of pregnancy? Should I get emergency contraception? and how will EC effect my birth control pills.

--------------------
Diana

Posts: 16 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is this your very first pack of pills? If so, assume that you DID have a pregnancy risk from this situation (a pregnancy risk occurs when ejaculate or pre-ejaculate enters or comes in contact with the vagina or vulva), and obtain EC. EC is essentially a large dose of hormonal birth control, and so it can mess with your cycle, including mess with the way your body is adjusting to your normal birth control pills. It would not hurt to check with your doctor and see if there is anything special you should do after taking the EC to continue your birth control (ie, starting a brand new pack instead of continuing on the one you're on) or if there are any other side effects you should be aware of.

Also, if you and your partner are not both up to date on your full STI screenings, you'll both want to schedule to have one done about a month from now, since sexual activity without the use of condoms or latex barriers always presents STI transmission risks.

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.