Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » I should know better.....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I should know better.....
becca424
Neophyte
Member # 30727

Icon 9 posted      Profile for becca424         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, so I was really stupid and I have been having unprotected sex with my boyfriend about maybe the last 5 times we had sex. I had already gotten tested about three weeks prior to that but we were using condomns than (everything was normal/negative) and he has not been tested yet. I know that it takes a long time for std's to come up, but about how long? I should have known better, I feel so dumb. We had agreed to wait until we actually got married before we had sex without condomns but I guess we both figure since we're going to be with each other forever than why wait. Now, I am kicking myself in the *** for it and wish I had waited until he got tested. I am not having any symptoms but I know that most std's don't have symptoms.I am on the pill and I told him that we have to use condomns now until he gets tested, he said ok, that whatever I want to do is fine and that he's sure he doesnt have anything since hes never had symptoms and has used a condomn with every girl accept me and one other. I feel really dumb because he is the second guy I have ever been with and I should have known better. My question basically is: Since I have already exposed myself to possible stds: Is it really going to help now using condomns and how long does it take for std's to show up?

Feeling really stupid,

becca424

Posts: 14 | From: CA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DuesExMachina
Neophyte
Member # 29779

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DuesExMachina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some STDs do have have pretty obvious symptoms, definitely keep your wits about you.

Get checked out again, of course... make sure he does too... and id think about pregnancy too if i were you... but yes, aside from those things...

It wont help to do nothing but beat yourself up. improve for the future (condoms!!), and clean all this up while you have time, ya know.

Posts: 4 | From: Long Beach | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becca424
Neophyte
Member # 30727

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becca424         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you so much for you input. I am making myself an appt to get checked out. I know it won't do any good to beat myself up about it, I know it will be okay, at least that's what I keep telling myself. Thanks again for all your advice, it made me feel a lot better.

Sincerly,
becca424

PS: From now on we are going to use condoms, at least until he gets tested.

--------------------
Rebecca

Posts: 14 | From: CA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.