Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » bleeding while pregnant?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: bleeding while pregnant?
Bahdahboomdei
Activist
Member # 28429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bahdahboomdei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i got a positive home pregnancy test,, i have many typical symptoms that come with being pregnant.
But when i went to the clinic and had a blood test done it came out negative.
I had gone in because i had alot of heavy cramping and some bleeding...
I could only be about 3 and a half weeks pregnant,,, but i'm confused,,, could a blood test come up negative and i still be pregnant? and is bleeding normal with pregnancy,, could it have been a miscarriage?

Posts: 52 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is possible that this is a very early miscarriage, yes.

Blood tests are very accurate.

If you have any questions about whether or not this is a miscarriage and where you should go from here, you need to see your doctor.

--------------------
Nursing is a work of heart!
~ unknown

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bahdahboomdei
Activist
Member # 28429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bahdahboomdei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well is it possible that it could still be there? I have a doctors appointment soon, so i can ask then. But Could it be possible to be pregnant and bleed at the same time?
And could bleeding down there scew the blood tests accuracy? I'm really worried

Posts: 52 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's possible, i suppose, but not very likely ... Especially with vaginal bleeding and a negative pregnancy test (blood).

Bleeding is not going to screw with the results of the blood test. Again, blood tests are very accurate ... They're more sensitive to the pregnancy hormone (hCG) than home pregnancy tests. If you got a negative blood test, i would be inclined to believe that over the urine tests.

Also, if you're bleeding as you would w/ a normal period, you cannot be pregnant. When women have bleeding during pregnancy is it is usually pretty light and not like a normal period.

I think there are a lot of signs here pointing to you NOT being pregnant ... Is there a reason you still think you are? Are you wanting to be pregnant?

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bahdahboomdei
Activist
Member # 28429

no i was just worried...
thankyou for your replies

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.