Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Implantation bleeding???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Implantation bleeding???
Sybil
Neophyte
Member # 30756

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Sybil     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
September 4th was the last time I had sex with my boyfriend, which was unprotected (but without ejaculation).

My last period started on August 17th, and my periods are usually about 30 days spaced apart...for example, if it started on the 17th of August, it should come on the 17th of Septmber (tomorrow, actually).

Well...three days ago at work, I used the restroom and I noticed a few light spots of red blood on my undies, so I assumed that my period had started early. I put in a tampon, but later when I got home from work and I took the tampon out I noticed that there wasn't any blood at all on it. I didn't think much of it since my first day is usually light, so I put on a pad and went to bed. The yesterday morning/day--no blood at all until later that evening--I had noticed that again there was some light spots of brown blood mixed in with my discharge, but that's all. And again, tonight...just some very light pink blood mixed in with my discharge later in the evening...nothing all day.

I started to worry, so I bought one of those First Response pregnancy tests today, took it, and it came out negative.

Now my questions...did I test too early for an accurate result(12 days after last risk)? And does it matter that I didn't take the test first thing in the morning (I took it around noon). And does what I describe sound like implantation bleeding?

Please help...

-Sybil

Posts: 18 | From: Detroit | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
12 days would not have been too early, but if you do not receive any heavier flow or what you would normally see as a period within the next week, go ahead and take a second test to double check. Also, be sure to take the next one first thing in the morning, the urine is simply more concentrated, so you can be more sure you're getting the highest concentration of the pregnancy hormones if any are present.

I'd think it's unlikely what you saw was implantation bleeding however, since had you become pregnant, it most likely would have happened sooner after your risk (if you had had any/seen it at all).

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.