Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » condom came off!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: condom came off!
Ladygirl18
Activist
Member # 27045

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Ladygirl18     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, hopefully this won't qualify as an emergency and I'm being paranoid, but here it is. My boyfriend and I were having sex on wednesday and when he pulled out for us to change positions, the condom was left inside me. Of course, I immediately pulled it out. He hadn't orgasmed, he said he wasn't even close, we were using spermicidal condoms, and I'm on the pill (seasonique, a form of seasonale). I know my chances of getting pregnant from this are slim to none, but I am an anxious person by nature and am naturally a little worried about this. What are my chances of getting pregnant from this? Do I need a morning after pill or something? And what can we do to prevent this in the future? Thanks! Sorry if I'm wasting your time being paranoid.

--------------------
"We all have wants and needs and desires, strange as they may seem. If you stop to think about it, we're all pretty creative, cooking up all these fantasies. It's like a kind of poetry."

Posts: 48 | From: Los Angeles, CA, USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As long as you have been taking your pill correctly and not doing anything that would interfere with it...you should be protected.

In terms of the condom, there are several suggestions that might help. First off, ditch the spermicidal condoms and get some regular/lubricated ones. There's not enough spermicide on them to kill much of anything, but there is enough to irritate your tissues and be generally unhealthy for your vagina. Secondly, if you are not using extra lube, invest in some water-based, condom-safe lube (like KY liquid or Astroglide, for example). No matter how well you naturally lubricate, it's really not designed to stand up to latex. Third, check the fit on the condoms you are using. The ring size may be a bit big, which could contribute to the problem. And finally, someone needs to be firmly holding the rim when your partner pulls out fully. If somebody is hanging on (doesn't matter who it is), then you'll be sure that it doesn't slip off.

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.