Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » What do you think?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What do you think?
nina006
Activist
Member # 26273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nina006     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi guys..
Two weeks ago I took EC (due to a dry sex situation) last saturday my bf figered me, since we were a little bit drunk I cant really say if his hands were dry... well he had his pants on all the time, but Im pretty sure he went to the bathroom before and Im not sure if he touched his penis in there.

I wouldnt like to take EC again but I REALLY DONT want to become pregnant!

Should I take it??

Thank you!

Posts: 92 | From: far away from you | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
According to our Risk Chart, you have little to no chance of pregnancy. EC is not needed.

To prevent this in the future, you might want to consider not drinking to the point of imparing your judgement.

--------------------
Caylin, Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Scarleteen? Donations keep us around for you. So give a little! (Or a lot. Whatever works for you.)

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nina006
Activist
Member # 26273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nina006     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ive read the charts before.. I was unsure about taking it because of the "little" chance..

I want to have no chance at all.

But if you tell me not to do it then I wont.. you are the experts after all !!

Thanks for you reply....

So, you still think I should not take it?

Posts: 92 | From: far away from you | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think you're being paranoid about pregnancy.

It's just not THAT easy/simple (and with a risk that nonexistent, EC just isn't going to do anything). But I do think that given these worries and worries in the past it's time for you to start looking into a form of birth control just for YOUR peace of mind, whether that's getting on a hormonal method or talking with your partner about using safer sex more often.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nina006
Activist
Member # 26273

thanks a bunch Miz Scarlet!

Before I give up this conversation, I just used the search tool and found this case which was similar to mine.

You said there was a small but real risk and suggested EC

You are right im getting paranoid here, for the very very last time, are you sure I shouldnt take EC?

Thanks

LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Really, you have no real risk here.

You do not need EC.

I agree w/ Miz Scarlet ... You either need to find some form of birth control you trust, or you need to cool it w/ the sexual activity.

--------------------
Nursing is a work of heart!
~ unknown

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nina006
Activist
Member # 26273

Fine, just correct me if Im wrong.

What you are saying is that I dont have a real risk but I do have a small one?

Can I just say that I DO NOT have a risk? Not even a small one?

(that tiny chance is driving me nuts) =?

[ 09-05-2006, 05:19 PM: Message edited by: nina006 ]

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Keep in mind that the only sexual activity that carries no risks whatsoever is masturbation.

The risk we're talking about, if it did exist, is so unlikely that for all intents and purposes, there is NO risk.

If you're this paranoid about manual sex, perhaps it's time to re-evaluate whether or not you should be sexually active.

--------------------
Caylin, Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Scarleteen? Donations keep us around for you. So give a little! (Or a lot. Whatever works for you.)

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nina, I just looked though your post history and nearly every one of your posts has been about a pregnancy scare. I lost track of how many times you've taken ec since you started posting here.

Sex is not supposed to cause this much stress, nor is there supposed to be an emergency every morning after. I think putting a hold on sex would be a very good idea for you right now.

Take some time (months at a minimum) to educate yourself about pregnancy and STIs and how to prevent them. Once you've done that decide on the best method of protection for you (the combination of condoms and hormonal birth control is the most effective but it's worth investigating all your options) and practice it correctly every single time.

You also might want to think about WHY you are having sex when it obviously stresses you out and causes a great deal of anxiety.

[ 09-05-2006, 11:25 PM: Message edited by: ookuotoe ]

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nina006
Activist
Member # 26273

I just made an appointment w/ my gyn, youre right, I need some form of birth control.

The problem is that right now I feel terrible, Im extremely worried I cant stop thinking about my chances of being pregnant, I want to become pregnant some day in the future but not right now.

Please make it stop, I cant take a PT till next week, I dont want to become pregnant, I really dont =(

-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Talk over your concerns with your gynecologist during your next visit; find a method of birth control you can use regularly and feel safe with.

I really must emphasize with ookuotoe and DarkChild that it would be in your best interest to avoid sexual activity altogether for now, until you can feel entirely confident with your choices.

You've already been told multiple times that pregnancy in this case is next to impossible; the only reason a pregnancy test was recommended was for your peace of mind versus an actual risk.

Additionally, please review this exerpt from the Guidelines :

We may state that we will no longer answer a given user's questions on a given topic if:

that user has already been answered, in depth by one or more staff and volunteers, but continues to ask the same question,

has had more than THREE pregnancy scares and/or STI scares we have addressed but continues to take risks which present those scenarios after we have advised a user at least three times as to how to practice sex more responsibly,

In accordance, we ask that you please review the responses to your previous posts, as well as review the articles on the main site. We cannot advise you any further on this subject. Thank you.

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.