Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » OMG IM SCARED!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OMG IM SCARED!
ilyana
Neophyte
Member # 30557

Icon 4 posted      Profile for ilyana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay yesterday my boyfriend gave me oral sex yesterday after he jerked off. He didn't touch my vagina at all, just my clitoris and he wiped his semen off on his clothes. His semen didn't get on his hand, just his clothes. My period ended 6 days ago and my ovulution date is supposedly in about 5 days based on my 28-29 day cycle.

What are the chances of me getting pregnant? I have this rabid fear that some of his ejaculation somehow got near my opening (considering he was touching my clit)

Wouldn't the life span of the sperm be decreased once they are exposed to air? If it did get into me, won't they die before my ovulation date comes since they were already exposed to air? I came when I orgasmed so I guess that means my vaginal fluid flowed out? I heard it's acidic so will that kill off the sperms that was in the area? Please help! [Frown]

[ 09-02-2006, 12:11 AM: Message edited by: ilyana ]

--------------------
oh no i didn't!

Posts: 2 | From: home | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You have NO chance of pregnancy from that risk you described.

1) Semen die pretty quickly after they're exposed to air.

2) You said it was on his clothes, not on his hand.

For future peace of mind, have him go and wash his hands afterwards. [Smile]

Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ilyana
Neophyte
Member # 30557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ilyana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
However, I read some where that sperms only die in 30 mins to 4 hours when exposed to air =O

His semen might have gotten on his hands but he wiped it off . Gosh I'm so paranoid. Does this mean I'm still at risk?

--------------------
oh no i didn't!

Posts: 2 | From: home | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No.

I've never heard of sperm living 30mins to 4 hours ... We tell people that sperm can live around 20mins in an inhospitable environment (such as on hands). However, sperm cannot live in dry conditions. If his hands were dry, any sperm that may have been there in the first place are now dead.

--------------------
Nursing is a work of heart!
~ unknown

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.