Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » I am pretty scared.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I am pretty scared.
babybear
Activist
Member # 30364

Icon 9 posted      Profile for babybear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am very scared right now.

About three or so hours ago my boyfriend and I had sex. We purchased AstroGlide lubrication [since you guys suggested it on this site]. So, we used it. When my boyfriend took off the condom he noticed a little bit of blood on it and I felt very sore. When we were having sex it didn't feel bad at all, it was afterwards. When I urinated it burned and when I wiped it felt like there was glass in there or something [I know, a strange way to describe it, but]. I just now took out a mirror to examine my vagina. It looks very strange... Purplish or something. Alittle above the opening, I mean. There are weird flaps of skin or something that I do not think are lips, but maybe they are? It looks purplish [like it's bruised]...I really cannot explain this at all.

I am very, very scared right now. It does feel better than it did,but I am wondering what this could be. A tear, possibly? He didn't "load" the condom up with lube, afterall. But we have had a sex without extra lube on the condom and I was fine. He also was rougher than he ever has been [don't worry, I conscented!], and I am assuming that could be a contributing factor.

Could I also be having a reaction to the lube?

I am on my 2nd pack of birth control and we used condoms so I am not too worried about pregnancy. I'm just freaked out about the soreness/pain and the way it looks. Should I wait it out a few days, than possibly go to a doctor if it doesn't change? As I said, it even feels a bit better already. I am very paranoid.

Thanks so much, and I apologize if this is confusing or the descriptions aren't too clear. If you would like me to try to explain things different I sure will attempt. Thanks again, this site is great. =]

Posts: 250 | From: somewhere | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babybear
Activist
Member # 30364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for babybear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would also like to add my boyfriend is very large and him going rough would probally do some sort of damage, right?
Posts: 250 | From: somewhere | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It could be a reaction to the lube, the latex from the condom, or the rough sex. Have you used condoms before? If so, were they lubricated condoms?

If you've used lubricated condoms without this kind of irritation it seems more likely that rough sex is the culprit. However, it's not a bad idea to do a spot test by putting some lube on your hand or arm for awhile to see if you have a reaction. You can do the same with a latex glove to make sure you're not sensitive to latex.

If rough sex is indeed causing this kind of problem for you, ease up a bit. (And certainly don't have sex again until you're feeling better.) Using extra lube on you can also reduce the friction and result in less pain.

Hope you feel better soon. [Smile]

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babybear
Activist
Member # 30364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for babybear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I have most definitely always used condoms, I have never done it without.

They were all lubricated condoms. I did once have a terrible reaction to spermicidle condoms [for a whole week I was extremely dry, had a yellowish discharge, and itchyness/irriation]. So I will never use spermicidle condoms again. BUT, regular old lubricated condoms never really had any negative effect on me [sometimes I noticed a little itchyness, but nothing major].

Now, about the color. What's up with that? Should I not worry too much?

Aside from that, I definitely agree it was probally from the rough sex. See, when we were having it, it did not hurt, so I figured I was fine; I guess I was wrong.

Also, I gave my boyfriend a hand job with the lubrication and my hand burned a bit... possibly from friction? Myabe it is also a reaction to lube as well.

Now my main concern is the color around my vagina and feeling of something sharp being in there. Any thoughts?

Thank you so very much. =]

logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If the burning when you urinate continues, then it's possible that you have a urinary tract infection, in which case you should see your doctor (they're easy to treat, but you want to get it treated a.s.a.p.)

It's not unusual for the vulva to have a dark or purplish colour anyway, and arousal will fill the tissues up with blood, making them darker than usual (and friction or roughness can increase that). So it's likely that the colour is nothing to worry about.

--------------------
"Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world's grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it." - the Talmud

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babybear
Activist
Member # 30364

I feel better!!! Everything feels great & I am back to normal. Thanks so much for the advice everyone, it helped me alot!
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glad to hear it. [Smile]
Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.