Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » implantation bleeding?!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: implantation bleeding?!
flipperjoint
Neophyte
Member # 30472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for flipperjoint     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi i have a real crisis here, heres some background info:

my periods always delay one week, ex: if i get my period january 1st, it will last about 7 days and the next period will come february 7th-10th.

My last period ended a week ago, and i had sex the day after my period ended. I ended up with a uti the day after i had sex and went to the doctor for antibiotics.

about 2 days after the day i got uti, my vagina started itching around the lips, this lasted for approx 2 days. there was also a lot of discharge, but i always have a lot of discharge after my period.

it has been a week now since my period ended, and i just got a blob of really dark brown/black discharge that looks like old blood. i also have lower back cramps (which i dont get even when i get my period) 5 hours after the first blob of blood, i got another round.. its like.. a blob of brown goo with some old blood in my panties.

can this be implantation bleeding? or a uti side effect? and how can i get pregnant the day after my period ends, because my partner did not come, although it was unprotected. he never came. these signs of pregnancy should not come like right after sex right?

i usually get things that look similar to this right after my period ends.. like for 3-4 days after my period... but i was clean from when my period ended until this sudden spotting. what can it be? please help!!!!!

Posts: 5 | From: nevada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It seems like it might be a little early for implantation bleeding. It doesn't really sound like implantation bleeding anyway.

It sounds like it's probably just midcycle bleeding, or 'spotting'. It can happen from time to time, especially if you're stressed or sick.

You HAVE had a high risk of pregnancy though. If you do not wish to become pregnant, you need to use some sort of protection. If you're worried about pregnancy, you can take a pregnancy test 10-14 days after the last risk.

If you and your partner haven't had full STI screens, you're also at risk for STIs. You'll need to make an appt w/ your doctor to be tested. Using condoms is a really good idea AT LEAST until you get those results back (We recommend couples get tested twice, 6 months apart, and remain monogomous before having unprotected sex).

[ 08-26-2006, 10:58 AM: Message edited by: LilBlueSmurf ]

--------------------
Nursing is a work of heart!
~ unknown

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flipperjoint
Neophyte
Member # 30472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for flipperjoint     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ooh, i want to go see a gyno, but i dont want my parents knowing. is there a way to see a gyno with no health insurance? and if so, how much will a vaginal exam usually cost?
Posts: 5 | From: nevada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
See your local phonebook for women's health. Planned Parenthood clinics or other independent women's clinics are generally available, and usually have sliding scale fees, based on your income.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flipperjoint
Neophyte
Member # 30472

also, right now ive been getting really bad pains down there around my vaginal area. implantation bleeding does not come with pain, right? it feels like really bad cramps

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.