Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Pregnancy risk?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pregnancy risk?
babybear
Activist
Member # 30364

Icon 11 posted      Profile for babybear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello.

I have completed an entire pack of Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo. I had sex yesterday with a condom [and he did not ejaculate inside of me even with the condom]. Yesterday I was already on the third pill of my new [2nd] pack of pills.

I'm not too worried about the intercourse, but we engaged in other sexual activites (manual sex) and I think it is possible prejaculate MAY have gotten around or inside of my vagina (sorry if this is TMI, but when he used his fingers with me). I am pretty sure he wiped it off, if there was even any on his hands, but I am still worried. I was also at the very very end of period and was lightly spotting.

My birth control is effective, right? Is there a huge pregnancy risk? I take my pill at the exact same time every night and I have never missed one. On the package of my pills it says to use another form of birth control only for the first seven days, so I assume that means it is effective than. Mind you, I have already completed a full pack.

Thank you.

Posts: 250 | From: somewhere | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The pill is effective after one full cycle of use so it sounds like you have no risk.

Unprotected manual sex does put you at risk for STIs though. Using latex gloves in the future will protect both you and your partner and you'll know that pre-ejaculate did not come into contact with you because you'll have switched gloves before that can happen. [Smile]

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babybear
Activist
Member # 30364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for babybear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you so much.

I appreciate it very much. =]

Posts: 250 | From: somewhere | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You are quite welcome. [Smile]
Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.