Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » its been a month since hot tub...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: its been a month since hot tub...
whitetigerlily
Neophyte
Member # 29787

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitetigerlily     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok, so ... if you remember, i posted a crisis about my boyfriend ejaculating in my hot tub while we were fooling around, and he was like a foot away, but i was worried about pregnancy cause of the jets and stuff, and you guys said i shouldn't worry at all. Well... i dont time my periods exactly, but i probably should've gotten it by now, or any day. Ive been getting cramps alittle bit, but ive also been getting stomachaches and im bloated. Do you all still stick by the idea its really really unlikely? Could it have just been me stressing out?
Posts: 3 | From: massachusetts | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You will still get the same response: there is no need to worry about this. The combination of hot water and chlorine/bromine (whatever chemical you use in your hottub) doesn't sit well with sperm, and the liklihood of them surviving long in that kind of environment is nill.

If you're still in your teens, your periods likely aren't regular yet. And even the most regular of woman can veer off once in a while. Really, you have nothing to worry about. The cramps, stomachaches and bloating could be due to a million other things, anwhere from gas to a stomach bug.

--------------------
Abbie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Us? Keep Us Around by Donating!

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.