Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Could i get pregnant?hmm?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Could i get pregnant?hmm?
hann0094
Neophyte
Member # 30223

Icon 5 posted      Profile for hann0094     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
tonight, me and my boyfriend were fooling around and he precummed on my pants.
he wasnt clothed.. and i had on sweatpants and a thong.
i am on my period, so i had a tanpon in...
i was wondering if it was possible for me to get pregnant?
i am on my 2nd day of my period, and we were 'dry' humping, so his penis was like right on my vagina, just with the barrier of clothing.
is it possible?
please tell me!.
he said it wasnt...
and i looked at the underside of my sweats, and it didnt look like it soaked through, i just have a case of paranoia.
please help!

Posts: 5 | From: Home | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No. Sperm are hardy things, but I assure you, clothing is a formidable adversary for them. Unless your underwear are completely and utterly soaked in semen, you don't have a risk.

[Smile]

--------------------
Caylin, Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Scarleteen? Donations keep us around for you. So give a little! (Or a lot. Whatever works for you.)

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hann0094
Neophyte
Member # 30223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hann0094     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thank you so much!
yeah, i dont even think they got wet, and like...
even if they did get wet, would it matter because i AM on my period, and i had a tampon in... wouldnt that consist of a barrier too?
i am sorry i am such like a paranoid person... i just tweek at little things... another thing...
yesterday, haha we were also fooling around, and like... i waited like it was probably a half hour or more... during this period i got a drink, and like, was wiping my hands on blankets ((kind of)) and such... and when i went to the bathroom, i adjusted my tampon string.
with the other hand that i didnt mess around with my boyfriend with... he ahd precummed...
but i think i went up his shorts with the hand i adjusted my string with....
point is... could i get pregnant from this?
wow i m paranoid...

Posts: 5 | From: Home | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hann0094
Neophyte
Member # 30223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hann0094     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
**went up his shorts but didnt nessesarily touch anything...
hann0094
Neophyte
Member # 30223

another question while you are here... how much of a percentage is sperm in precum? is tre really that much? and like... is it very likely to get pregnant from precum if it ever came in contact with your vagina? i just freak out about tiny things... and i just want to get my facts straight.. what exactly is precum?
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
but i think i went up his shorts with the hand i adjusted my string with....
point is... could i get pregnant from this?

Nope - even if you did have sperm on your hand, it would be long dead after half an hour.

how much of a percentage is sperm in precum? is tre really that much? and like... is it very likely to get pregnant from precum if it ever came in contact with your vagina?

We can't give you an exact figure. Sometimes pre-ejaculate (a.k.a. "precum", the fluid secreted from the penis when a guy is aroused) contains sperm, sometimes it doesn't.

So the smart thing to do is treat it as a potential risk.

--------------------
"Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world's grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it." - the Talmud

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ab111187
Neophyte
Member # 30248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ab111187     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
since you mentioned pre-ejaculate--is it true urinating before pre-cum kills any leftover sperm from the last ejaculation? my boyfriend peed and then took a shower before we fooled around. we were both unclothed, but neither of us thinks there was penetration - one of us would know, right? he did not ejaculate, but i am still worried about pre-cum since we were in such close contact. what type of pregnancy risk do you think this situation has?
Posts: 2 | From: minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Generally, yes, urinating before intercourse will clear the urethra of any residual sperm left there from the last ejaculation.

Your bigger risks in an instance like this (and actually, given your level of arousal and a partners penis size, sometimes you won't always know exactly when penetration occurs, but if there is direct contact, that's something of a nonissue anyway) are STI risks.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ab111187
Neophyte
Member # 30248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ab111187     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks. my partner and i should be okay on the STI issue, we're both virgins and i recently had a gyno check up. we can both be pretty paranoid about stuff like this, and the contact we had wasn't exactly planned so we were debating whether or not i should take emergency contraception. it happened within the past 12 hours, so there is still time for me to take it. i also noticed a small amount of blood in my discharge a few hours after it happened- i just finished my period a few days ago but i was wondering if this means anything. i guess my ultimate question is whether or not to take EC?
Posts: 2 | From: minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just make sure HE has also had a checkup and STI screens, too. Just you getting them is only half the equation.

I'm guessing the spotting/bleeding is likely from lack of lubrication or arousal during the activity.

Per whether or not to take EC, like I said, I'd not consider what you're describing a very high risk, but if you can get it and you would feel more comfortable taking it, I'd suggest you do that.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.