Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » risk.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: risk.
amazed88
Neophyte
Member # 25998

Icon 4 posted      Profile for amazed88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if my boyfriend and i had a shower, and then made out on the couch for a bit. we were curious on how sex feels, so he wiped himself off just in case there was any precum on his penis. then he inserted his penis in me, just for a few seconds and took it out. is there any risk of pregnancy here? thanks in advance.
Posts: 23 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wiping off the penis does nothing in regards of geting rid of pre-ejaculate, since pre-ejaculate comes from inside the penis.

So yes, it is very possible that you had a pregnancy risk here, bot to mention an even more substantial STI risk.

You can seek out Emergency Contraception if you do not want to become pregnant, as well- both you and your boyfriend will need to get a full STI screening done in about a month if you aren't already up to date on those, alright?

Also, in the future? Have some condoms and some condom-safe lubricant on hand next time so you can experiment safely [Smile]

[ 04-08-2006, 10:04 PM: Message edited by: dailicious ]

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amazed88
Neophyte
Member # 25998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amazed88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if there was a bit of pre ejaculate on the penis, is there a high risk of pregnancy? or is it low?

and also, could you tell me about Emergency Contraceptions or direct me to a place what tells me about them? thanks again [Smile]

Posts: 23 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
According to our handy chart: What's the Risk? you have had a moderate risk of pregnancy. It's difficult to ever say for sure what a risk is in the case of pre-ejaculate, but it's always safest to assume that sperm could have been present (and pre-ejaculate basically comes as part of arousal for men, so it's definitely safe to say that pre-ejaculte is always present)

Here's the link to our article on EC: Emergency Contraception

You should be able to obtain EC from your gynecologist, from a public health clinic, or from an ER if you can't get to either of the first two. [Smile]

[ 04-08-2006, 11:06 PM: Message edited by: dailicious ]

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amazed88
Neophyte
Member # 25998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amazed88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks for all your help.

i looked at the page on EC, but im from Canada.
do they have EC pills in Canada?

and also, i have a VERY irregular period, like i havent had it for almost 6 months. I got it checked out by my doctor and she said it was fine. So my question is, for pregnancy tests, can you take them any time or do you have to wait for a certain time in your period cycle?

Jenna D.
Activist
Member # 18964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenna D.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes they do have EC in Canada, and in Ontario at least, you don't need a prescription, you just ask the pharmacist for it.

As per pregnancy tests, they're accurate 10-14 days after your risk, or the first day of a missed period.

Posts: 72 | From: Scarborough, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amazed88
Neophyte
Member # 25998

thanks [Smile]

so does that mean i can get it at a pharmacy then? or would i still have to go to a clinic?

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(hey, jayintheuk? Help is awesome, but please remember this area is for staff and volunteer replies only. Thanks!)

Amazed, I would simply call your local pharmacy and ask.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.