Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Pregnancy risk?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pregnancy risk?
*Misty*
Activist
Member # 22843

Icon 10 posted      Profile for *Misty*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What part of the Menstrual cycle is a woman likely to get pregnant?

I just had unprotected sex a day after my period finished i.e. yesterday. Can I still get pregnant?
If yes, should I take the morning after pill asap?

Thank you very much.

Posts: 50 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 10 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you do not wish to become pregnant, then the morning after pill would certainly be advisable.

A woman can become pregnant during any part of her cycle. Unless you have been menstruating regularly for several years and have been charting your cervical mucus and basal temperature, you cannot even begin to guess when you ovulate. Contrary to the old belief, not everybody ovulates on day 14. Some women will be sooner or later. Some women even ovulate more than once in a cycle. And some women don't ovulate at the same time in each cycle. And it's even more likely that you will ovulate irregularly if you are a younger woman.

------------------
Sarah Liz
Scarleteen Sexpert

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Misty*
Activist
Member # 22843

Icon 10 posted      Profile for *Misty*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you very much.

I did already use a method of EC. Since I'm residing in a country where EC is illegal, as per an earlier instruction from one of the Scarleteen advocates, I took 2 dosages of Microgynen 30 (4 pills at each time).

I hope it works although my boyfriend did pull out before he came.

Once again thank you so much.

Posts: 50 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.